Register Now
Kane99

Does anyone even bother to watch streams on Steam?

So I don't know if you know or not, but Steam has broadcasts on their platform, it's essentially a live streaming section for Steam users similar to what Twitch and YouTube do. But I really can't see most people bothering with the Steam side of streaming. I remember when I worked for a company a couple years ago, one of our streams we did for a new game required us to stream it through Steam as well. We obviously didn't get any traffic to steam, but I suppose you already have to be popular for that to work. 

Anyway, does anyone here use Steam to watch live streams? Or do you usually just go to Twitch or YouTube for that? 

I knew that Steam offered live streams but I can't say that I have ever used them to watch any live streams. My go to for lives streams is always either Twitch, YouTube, Kick or TikTok at the moment and have not found any reason to go to Steam to watch live streams at least not at the moment. 

Many people may not be aware that Steam has a live streaming feature, similar to Twitch and YouTube. It's doubtful that most people would use Steam for streaming, as Twitch and YouTube are already established platforms. However, those who are already popular may benefit from streaming on Steam in addition to other platforms.

Actually, I have known about the streams on Steam for a while but unfortunately I haven't been interested in making use of the service since they started it. I'm more comfortable with doing that on YouTube and Twitch. 

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'm going to be honest, this is news to me but why would I? I already watch streams on YouTube, Twitch and Rumble to name a few. I'm not interested at all.

This was the exact same reason why I didn't feel compelled to use the service because I've had so many better option which gave me more what I even asked for. So, it's just something which never held any ground for me.