Register Now
Kane99

What will happen to all the old and lost mobile games?

We see many sites that save video games from being forgotten, but what about the endless amount of mobile games that come out on the app stores? We've had app stores since probably around 2007 with the first iPhone, and ever since we've had an app store with just about every mobile device. Now, what happens to the many mobile games that die and are forgotten to time. Do any of these games see life on other platforms? Or maybe do they see life on other app stores? 

Is there a site that lists all the defunct and dead mobile app games? Maybe a site that lists the history of mobile games from flip phones up to smart phones. 

You know I bet a lot of them might be archived, you'd be surprised how much usually gets archived by people. Though of course some games get lost to time, I know there's a lost Kingdom Hearts mobile game that came out before smart phones were released. It'll probably be lost forever unless someone held on to a phone that had the game downloaded, but that's gotta be rare. There's probably countless other games though too. In this day and age we're at a point when we know when games are going to be delisted or perhaps the servers will be taken offline so people are usually quick to archive the game.

Old and lost mobile games may become inaccessible and eventually as technology progresses and platforms evolve, leading to the potential loss of these games and the memories associated with them. However, some games may be preserved through efforts by collectors, archivists, and emulation.

Eventually the operating systems make advancements and the old games are no longer compatible because they need upgrading.

I am still clutching onto some old APK's (like Flappy Bird), mostly for sentimental value. But I expect one day they won't run on modern devices anymore.