Register Now
Heatman

Do you consider yourself wasting too much time and money on games?

10 hours ago, Yarik said:

I wouldn't say that I waste too much time and money on games. Actually, I don't waste any on gaming. I don't see it that way. Playing video games is one of my ways to spend my free time, a way to relax and have fun. It's a hobby. So, no, I don't waste time and money on it.

Exactly. That's how I see it as well. It's a hobby that I do in my free time - if you're having issues that need to handled in your life and you're gaming instead of taking care of that, I'd consider that wasting your time.

On 5/4/2024 at 11:27 AM, Yarik said:

I wouldn't say that I waste too much time and money on games. Actually, I don't waste any on gaming. I don't see it that way. Playing video games is one of my ways to spend my free time, a way to relax and have fun. It's a hobby. So, no, I don't waste time and money on it.

As long as you're playing your video games judiciously, it's always going to be worth it even if you tend to spend a few bucks in the game's microtransactions if you're the type who plays mostly free to play games. 

On 4/28/2024 at 5:55 AM, Heatman said:

This sounds very interesting. You have managed to keep it tight and short on your gaming budget if you haven't spent money on buying 9th-gen console till now. You're better than most people. 

Thanks. The main reasons are that there are only 3 or so games exclusive to the 9th gen that interest me so far, and I still have a lot of 8th-gen games that I want to buy. I'll probably wait for 10th gen to buy a new console, unless they get rid of physical media, in which case I'll get a hybrid gaming PC instead. With physical media gone the only advantage consoles will have is a streamlined UI, which I might as well trade in for DRM-free digital copies and mods.

On 5/4/2024 at 9:40 PM, killamch89 said:

Exactly. That's how I see it as well. It's a hobby that I do in my free time - if you're having issues that need to handled in your life and you're gaming instead of taking care of that, I'd consider that wasting your time.

There should always be priority in whatever someone is doing. Yes, it's good to have fun but when it's time to do other important things, it's right to move on from fun and face that. 

On 5/13/2024 at 11:04 AM, Heatman said:

There should always be priority in whatever someone is doing. Yes, it's good to have fun but when it's time to do other important things, it's right to move on from fun and face that. 

It's something most adults are supposed to know how to do. Unfortunately, there are some people who just don't get it.