Register Now
Heatman

Do you consider yourself wasting too much time and money on games?

Personally, I would say that it's very important to find the right balance between how much you're spending on games and how much time you're investing in it that matters most. One of my watch words have always been that too much of everything is bad. It's why I don't go overboard with how much I invest in playing video games today. 

How do you see yourself with how much time and money you're investing in video games? 

I only ever invest significantly time and money into games I intend to send time with as there aren't enough hours in the day to dedicate it all to gaming. Having priorities will save people a lot headaches down the road.

On 2/29/2024 at 10:32 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

I don't know. If we aren't spending time and money on games, we would spend time and money on something else. 

Agreed - It'd probably be on something way more pointless like Starbucks coffee, for instance. I know of quite a bit of people that spend close to a $100 US a month at Starbucks when they could just make coffee at home.

On 3/12/2024 at 12:15 PM, Kennysplash said:

Nope, I don’t and never did. What I even spend on games is nothing compared to other activities. And I don’t consider wholesome activities I enjoy doing as a waste of time. 

Exactly. I don't spend that much on gaming in terms of money in the first place so it's not a big issue to me. Second, I know how to manage my time effectively so that ensures I don't spend too much time on gaming while ignoring other parts of my life.

I don't consider myself wasting too much resources or time. To be honest with you, playing games was always fun when I looked at how good it is in terms of being happy. I go to work daily and never focus all my energies on playing games.

Nope I don't consider it a waste of time or money on games. To me it's a fun hobby and my favorite way to escape from the real world from time to time. I already accumulated lots of games from my childhood, and most of the games I get these days are from a retro game treasure subscription which I pay $40 monthly for. I think it's worth it though, especially if you like to collect and play retro games.

On 3/12/2024 at 6:15 PM, Kennysplash said:

Nope, I don’t and never did. What I even spend on games is nothing compared to other activities. And I don’t consider wholesome activities I enjoy doing as a waste of time. 

This is what I think as well. How would anyone consider gaming as a total waste of time. As long as I am not addicted, I will definitely be happy about playing such games.

I used to feel like this when I was spending a lot of time playing video games either online or single-player video games. Since changing my line or work, I have not had as much time to play video games like I was doing, sometimes only a few hours a week and I will admit, I do miss it. 

Due to the lack of time I have to play video games, I tend to spend less now on video games too. 

I don't understand why I felt like I was wasting too much time though as it is a hobby of mine and I enjoyed it, maybe it was more a feeling of guilt?

On 4/24/2024 at 4:08 PM, Knight Barida said:

This is what I think as well. How would anyone consider gaming as a total waste of time. As long as I am not addicted, I will definitely be happy about playing such games.

Exactly. It’s more than a pastime activity for me, it’s been an integral part of my life. This makes me remember a quote: If it’s wholesome and it makes you happy, then it’s not a waste of time.