Register Now
HowHammerYou

Remakes/Remasters You Want To See.

As I was revisiting my PS3 library recently, I began thinking about what what old games I'd like to see get remakes or remasters. I'm much more a fan of the latter than the former, as I find game developers tend to take too many creative liberties when doing a full remake, but a few can be trusted to do the job. Anyhow, here's what I want:

Resistance Trilogy Remastered: Admittedly I've never beat Resistance or Resistance 2, but I loved what I played of them. I'd love to see Sony remaster the trilogy as an all-in-one collection, it's one of the many first-party series they're currently shunning.

Fallout New Vegas Remastered: Here's one I wouldn't trust Bethesda to do a full remake of, but I'd love to see them re-release it on consoles with Very High settings or better, and no RAM cap.

Resident Evil Code Veronica X Remake: Capcom has been knocking it out of the park with their remakes of classic RE games lately, and I really hope they follow the same path with Code Veronica. I'll be pissed if 5 and 6 get remakes before this.

Soulcalibur III Remastered: SCIII is still probably the best fighting game I've ever played. I'd love to see it remade with new models and textures, but I'd settle for just a remaster with 1080P textures so it's no longer stuck on PS2.

Final Fantasy VII Classic Remastered: Now I know what you're all saying, "FFVII already got a remake!" Well, yes and no. The remake currently being developed is such a massive departure from the original plot-wise that it might as well be a different game. Here's what I wanted to see: Just take the original game, leave the story alone, and update the graphics to the level of late-gen PS2 games such as Resident Evil 4 (2005), with 1080P textures. They could even use new pre-rendered backgrounds instead of full 3D backgrounds if they wanted. All of that should easily fit on a single blu-ray and run on both PS4 and PS5. In fact, I'm pretty sure 7th-gen consoles could run that. A lot of people, myself included, didn't want the revamped FFVII to be a AAA megaproject that took 10+ years to develop and cost over $200 across three installments, we just wanted the original to look like Crisis Core or KH2.

Conflict: Vietnam Remake: I will always remember this as the hardest shooter I've ever played. I loved it, but I never finished it. I'd love to see it fully remade, as the industry is sorely lacking a good vietnam 3rd-person shooter.

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Remake: Back when I played MGS games, this was by far my favorite. It had a great story, you could replay missions any time you wanted, the base-building mechanics weren't a pain in the butt like they were in 5, and there was a singing robot shagohod. I'd love to see it remade on a newer engine with larger mission maps.

I want to see a remaster and remake of RDR1. I know it came out on PS3, but they have done remakes of much older games. Up the graphics and battle system to match that of RDR2. I have both games for PS4 (somewhere around here we have the PS3 copy of RDR1), but I would love to see a polished version of RDR1 come out.

I used to say I wanted remasters of certain games but the Battlefront remaster has been a disaster. GTA trilogy edition - The only company who has done a great job at remastering their games is Capcom. To be fair, I do like the FF 7 remaster as well.

Remakes/Remasters I'd like to see:

Chrono Trigger

Chrono Cross

Final Fantasy IX

Metal Gear

Metal Gear 2

Metal Gear Solid

Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen

These are probably a long shot though......I could see MGS being remade pehraps but i dunno about the others.

On 3/23/2024 at 12:50 PM, Smokey said:

Remakes/Remasters I'd like to see:

Chrono Trigger

Chrono Cross

Final Fantasy IX

Metal Gear

Metal Gear 2

Metal Gear Solid

Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen

These are probably a long shot though......I could see MGS being remade pehraps but i dunno about the others.

MGS 3 Remaster is coming out in the near future. I think it's next year - hopefully, Konami doesn't mess this up.

Legend of Legaia deserves a remake more than any other game IMO. It's the best RPG on the Playstation 1 IMO, and it got completely overshadowed by Final Fantasy VIII. It's also not playable on any modern console, you can't finish the game on a PS3 because the emulator doesn't emulate the game properly. I know there's a fan remaking the game now, and at least someone is tackling such a project because it'll probably never get an official remake nor a port to modern Playstation consoles because as far as I'm aware, the trademark for the name is long gone.

On 3/14/2024 at 7:57 PM, HowHammerYou said:

Resident Evil Code Veronica X Remake: Capcom has been knocking it out of the park with their remakes of classic RE games lately, and I really hope they follow the same path with Code Veronica. I'll be pissed if 5 and 6 get remakes before this.

+1 on that.

I thought Code Veronica X was really underrated.  True, there wasn't much of a leap in terms of gameplay improvements from the PS1 that probably should have been there.  Capcom did try to evolve Resident Evil but then just decided to turn those projects into thier own games not once, but twice (Onimusha: Warlords and Devil May Cry, both of which came just one year after Cove Veronica X).  It seems to me Capcom wanted to move Resident Evil forward but didn't really know how they wanted to do it.  So I suppose it's little surprise that they ended up making what was basically RE2 again with updated graphics, but that ruined this game's reputation. The world was seeing what this new generation of console (The PS2 especially) as well as what Capcom themselves were capable of at the time, so I can understand why some people felt let down by Code Veronica X.

However, give this game the remake treatment that the other RE games have been given and I'm all for it.

2 hours ago, Ravenfreak said:

Legend of Legaia deserves a remake more than any other game IMO. It's the best RPG on the Playstation 1 IMO, and it got completely overshadowed by Final Fantasy VIII. It's also not playable on any modern console, you can't finish the game on a PS3 because the emulator doesn't emulate the game properly. I know there's a fan remaking the game now, and at least someone is tackling such a project because it'll probably never get an official remake nor a port to modern Playstation consoles because as far as I'm aware, the trademark for the name is long gone.

According to my research, Sony Computer Entertainment still owns the IP. They're obviously just sitting on it, which is disappointing. Again according to my research, the game actually sold quite well, close to 1M copies, which isn't bad for a PS1 JRPG released near the same time of FFVII, but the sequel sold like veal chops at a vegan market and the IP hasn't been touched since. The game has pretty much fallen out of memory and I don't think a remake would sell enough to justify the cost of making it. There just isn't enough interest.

On 3/26/2024 at 1:33 AM, killamch89 said:

MGS 3 Remaster is coming out in the near future. I think it's next year - hopefully, Konami doesn't mess this up.

Sorry, but the question of today's version of Konami messing up the MGS3 remake does not start with a " Will they", it starts with a "How badly will they".

On 3/30/2024 at 6:08 PM, Shagger said:

Sorry, but the question of today's version of Konami messing up the MGS3 remake does not start with a " Will they", it starts with a "How badly will they".

You know, I'm trying to be slightly optimistic with this one but all I keep remembering is Metal Gear Survive. I mean, they did release a good Contra game in Operation: Galuga which is probably their first one in years. There's a huge part of me that this will flop spectacularly as well.

Just thought of another one while I was on the main menu of the Kingdom Hearts 1.5 remaster: I'd love to see a remake of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. So far it's the only full Roxas game in the series, but it's sadly trapped on the DS with bad framerates, clunky controls, and low-quality models and textures. I may have sworn off S-E products following them horribly botching the FFVII remake, but if they remade Days properly, I'd buy it.

On 4/4/2024 at 2:45 PM, HowHammerYou said:

Just thought of another one while I was on the main menu of the Kingdom Hearts 1.5 remaster: I'd love to see a remake of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. So far it's the only full Roxas game in the series, but it's sadly trapped on the DS with bad framerates, clunky controls, and low-quality models and textures. I may have sworn off S-E products following them horribly botching the FFVII remake, but if they remade Days properly, I'd buy it.

Another game I'd like to be remade is the original Ratchet & Clank game. I loved the Hoverboard racing mini-game in particular - you could do some pretty cool tricks.

On 3/26/2024 at 2:33 AM, killamch89 said:

I am looking forward to the remake as well. I've seen a couple of gamers become optimistic about the remake of MGS 3 being a good one and I hope Konami don't disappoint.

On 4/7/2024 at 11:41 PM, Knight Barida said:

I am looking forward to the remake as well. I've seen a couple of gamers become optimistic about the remake of MGS 3 being a good one and I hope Konami don't disappoint.

I'm bracing myself for disappointment but hoping for the best because outside of Capcom and maybe Square Enix, most of the other remakes I've seen from major companies have all flopped massively.