Register Now
Heatman

When was the last time you took some time off social media?

Do you still actively make use of different social media platforms? Which one's have been so good for you that you can't stop using them or take a time off using them for a while?

I know some people have moved on completely from using social media platforms, but for those who are still addicted to it, have you ever considered taking some time off and come back later? 

Not really - outside of maybe YouTube, I don't really use the others that much. I only go on Twitter for some of the football banter and memes especially when a big team loses.

On 5/8/2024 at 1:35 AM, killamch89 said:

Not really - outside of maybe YouTube, I don't really use the others that much. I only go on Twitter for some of the football banter and memes especially when a big team loses.

I have taken a permanent hiatus from using Snapchat. It's one social media platform that I didn't like anything about it after using it. As for the rest, I use them once in a while. 

Currently actually. I have been off social media since more than a month or two. I don't feel the urge to go back either. Life is much better without social media, honestly.

On 5/13/2024 at 11:35 AM, Heatman said:

I have taken a permanent hiatus from using Snapchat. It's one social media platform that I didn't like anything about it after using it. As for the rest, I use them once in a while. 

I'm not really on Snapchat anymore either. Haven't been for years and I'm not on Tiktok either. Too many braindead people on that app.

On 5/25/2024 at 12:23 PM, Debashis said:

Currently actually. I have been off social media since more than a month or two. I don't feel the urge to go back either. Life is much better without social media, honestly.

I agree. Social Media is a good tool to communicate but in it's current form, it's nothing more than a toxic place where all kinds of weirdos and idiots gather to share their bizarre and idiotic views.

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'm not really on Snapchat anymore either. Haven't been for years and I'm not on Tiktok either. Too many braindead people on that app.

I never had any problem with making use of TikTok. The only time I had a bit of dissatisfaction with TikTok was the time they were doing all those crazy challenges that people were getting hurt and even dying from it. 

On 6/3/2024 at 4:09 AM, Heatman said:

I never had any problem with making use of TikTok. The only time I had a bit of dissatisfaction with TikTok was the time they were doing all those crazy challenges that people were getting hurt and even dying from it. 

The Crate challenge has to be one of the stupidest challenges I've ever seen on social media. Honestly, I didn't feel sorry for all those idiots injuring themselves over such a ridiculous challenge.

On 6/12/2024 at 1:35 AM, killamch89 said:

The Crate challenge has to be one of the stupidest challenges I've ever seen on social media. Honestly, I didn't feel sorry for all those idiots injuring themselves over such a ridiculous challenge.

It is a very serious stupidity on their part to engage in something like that because no one is paying you money for getting yourself hurt in that manner and they were actively doing it on daily basis. People are just mad online.