Register Now
Jerlene

Minimum wage?

If you're from the United States, what is the minimum wage in your state? Make sure to mention what state you're in. I'm really curious. Also, let me know what the cost of living is in your area and if you're able to live off of minimum wage there.

• Cost of living - renting (average) - The cheapest rented apartment you will find is £400-500 PCM
  • Cost of living - buying (average) - £175,000  for a one bedroom flat. 

I live in the UK in a small county known as Dorset. The National Living Wage is £7.83. I'm renting a One Bedroom in a Flat and it's expensive to do so. 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

48 minutes ago, mont86 said:

Yeah and that's why I'm up in the air on wage increases. Some minimum wage jobs are good entry level work just get started and learn

new skills and punctuality .

The entire situation just creates an everlasting price creep that I have to be always re-adjusting my budget.

I have already posted in this topic although I've got a update. The national minimum wage has recently increased in England. The new hourly rate is £8.21 but bills are on the rise too. 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

10 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

The last minimum wage increase that I'm aware of here in Missouri, put it up to $7.50 per hour. I think I heard it went up to $8.60, but that could just be a rumor.

That's around where my country falls in terms of their minimum wage rate.