Register Now
Alexander.

GTA 6

3 hours ago, Shagger said:

I fell like I've been a tape recording on loop for at least half a decade saying the same thing I'm about to say now. Ignore anything you hear about GTA6 that doesn't come from Rockstar and/or Take Two themselves. The amount of forum posts, articles, social media posts and YouTube videos (People have made successful YouTube channels by faking news about this game) that exist as clickbait to get traction through this game that hasn't even been confirmed to be in development is almost as amazing as the sheer amount of people who keep falling for it.

Advice not just to @Heatman, but anyone else who is fortunate enough to read this, because it will change your life. Ignore this crap. This game does not a release date, it doesn't have a release window, it does not a a protagonist, it does not have a setting, it doesn't even exist at all until Rockstar Games or Take Two Interactive says it does. Any "news" on GTA6 from any other source is not credible, and the sooner you all stop enslaving yourselves to this clickbait, the better it will be for your mental health.

I 100% agree - If Rockstar isn't the one making any official announcements about GTA 6, I pay it absolutely no mind. Besides, Rockstar isn't anywhere near done milking GTA V online.

The majority of stuff being released right now about GTA 6 is most likely fake but it is important to remember that the RDR2 map was leaked and everyone ended up thinking that was fake. And then when the game came out, we ended up realising that the leak was true. It will be funny to look back and see if any of these GTA 6 leaks end up being true when the game releases.

4 hours ago, Shagger said:

I fell like I've been a tape recording on loop for at least half a decade saying the same thing I'm about to say now. Ignore anything you hear about GTA6 that doesn't come from Rockstar and/or Take Two themselves. The amount of forum posts, articles, social media posts and YouTube videos (People have made successful YouTube channels by faking news about this game) that exist as clickbait to get traction through this game that hasn't even been confirmed to be in development is almost as amazing as the sheer amount of people who keep falling for it.

Advice not just to @Heatman, but anyone else who is fortunate enough to read this, because it will change your life. Ignore this crap. This game does not a release date, it doesn't have a release window, it does not have a protagonist, it does not have a setting, it doesn't even exist at all until Rockstar Games or Take Two Interactive says it does. Any "news" on GTA6 from any other source is not credible, and the sooner you all stop enslaving yourselves to this clickbait, the better it will be for your mental health.

Yeah - I tend to agree with you on having to rely on Rockstar for the real credible information on what GTA 6 would be released. 

It's not surprising that there are so many rumors about it which can't really be verified and unless Rockstar backs up any of these, it's all going to assumptions. 

2 hours ago, Darth said:

The majority of stuff being released right now about GTA 6 is most likely fake but it is important to remember that the RDR2 map was leaked and everyone ended up thinking that was fake. And then when the game came out, we ended up realising that the leak was true. It will be funny to look back and see if any of these GTA 6 leaks end up being true when the game releases.

Yeah, leaks can be real from time to time, but what you have to remember is that the basic information like a games release window is only guaranteed from one source, the official one, so why bother risking putting faith in leaked information when you'll have to wait for it to be confirmed by the official source anyway? It's completely pointless and will almost always just set yourself up to be disappointed.

Imagine it's pouring down with rain and, according to the official timetable, it'll be half an hour until your bus comes. However, somebody not affiliated with the bus company promises you that if you abandon the safe, dry shelter you're sitting in and go wait at the stop you will get a bus sooner, but you'll have to stand in the rain otherwise you'll miss it. So what do you do, trust the dodgy individual that's provided a tip you can't verify and risk getting soaked in the slim hope he's not trolling you or trust the actual information from the credible source even though it means you have to wait a little longer. Me? I'd wait, and so would anyone with even a shred of common sense.

Another thing that makes the situation different with RDR2s map is when that happened, the game itself was at least confirmed and people weren't literally turning praying on the hopes of fans into money making schemes, like people are doing with GTA6, especially on YouTube. That creates an element of danger to following rumours about GTA6 that I've never seen from any other game, so people have to be more carful. Not to mention if half the rumours that have come out were true the game would have been out by now, so why people keep trusting these rumours is beyond me.

Edited by Shagger

42 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Besides, Rockstar isn't anywhere near done milking GTA V online.

Seriously, this is 100.1% the main reason why Rockstar isn't in any rush to push for GTA 6 because they are still making a decent amount of money from GTA V online. They really need to maximize their profits before making any new GTA.