Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games that could’ve been great

Dragon Age Inquisition.

These are just my opinions, as someone who loved Dragon Age Origins and liked Dragon Age II. 

In short, they seemed to try to make it play too much like Assassin's Creed or something. The open world was just pointless in a Dragon Age game, as the only things it really contained were super boring busy quests... Why am I, the head of the Inquisition, going around handing out blankets or whatever all the time? You're telling me my organization is so poorly run that I have to personally go do all of this? What are all of my advisers even doing? And you can't skip a lot of the quests either because you need the power that you get from them to use at your war table thing. 

The war table thing was also stupid. But less stupid than the open world full of crap. I didn't like reading about doing something cool instead of acting going to do it. Apparently I was too busy getting food and blankets. 

I didn't like the combat either. It was too far removed from the combat of the previous games. I can understand wanting to get something more console friendly than Origins' combat was, but I thought Dragon Age II was already a pretty good compromise there. 

I loved the characters, lore, and story of the game, however. But I played it once and skipped a lot of stuff. I mostly went back to YouTube and other sites to fill in all of the gaps lore and story-wise because I just didn't like playing it that much. That said, I'm still hopeful for the next Dragon Age game that was recently announced, but I won't hold my breath this time lol. 

I can write an article over this. But let's keep things short. Lot of 90s games are under rated. Take those games with story. Many of them were supposed to have good story and the weapons and creatures. But it did not worked out for those games. And many games got reboot and improved in the due process. I think on that note I'd say that sometimes game developers and story writers experiment to improve our gameplay.