Register Now
Alexander.

Physical Movement Games

On 3/31/2019 at 5:08 PM, The Blackangel said:

When I was a kid, I played a few games that required movement. A few Wii games, and a couple in the arcade. Now, due to my disability, and the fact that I'm in a wheelchair, I can't really play them anymore. I have to stick to games that have a simple controller where all I move is my fingers, or I'll wear myself out too much and pass out. That's kinda why I'm on the computer so damn much.

Sadly, I can relate. Even using a mouse is a problem for me, but thankfully a gamepad seems more ergonomic.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

At least you are able to enjoy video games even if it is limited.

Totally. I can't complain!

In terms of ergonomics, mostly I wonder how I will get a chance to try VR eventually. I really want to do it, but I can't wear a heavy headset. I know there are cardboard ones, but I don't know much about them.

Edited by StaceyPowers

13 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Totally. I can't complain!

In terms of ergonomics, mostly I wonder how I will get a chance to try VR eventually. I really want to do it, but I can't wear a heavy headset. I know there are cardboard ones, but I don't know much about them.

The VR technology of the present is for the most part very gimmicky so I haven't got into it as yet. I'll give the tech companies more time to refine their products so that it works seamlessly and is more affordable.

On the point of physical movement. I wonder if many modern games say like battle royale makes the pokemon go type of the game. It'd be interesting to see how the games can bring back more traffic that way. It can be fun to see such type of the games.