Register Now
StaceyPowers

Is BioWare going to survive?

Everywhere I go, I see people talking about whether BioWare is seeing its final days or not. I’m somewhat aware of the context of the discussions, but I don’t’ know the details as well as I could. Does anyone here have any light to shed, or any opinions as to BioWare’s likely future?

I’d be somewhat surprised if Anthem was the death knell for Bioware as a studio. Personally, I think that Anthem is more of a “swing and a miss” rather than the whole team being “struck out”.

That said, Bioshock’s Irrational Games went under quickly after Bioshock Infinite (which is a great game), so there is precedent to suggest otherwise. I don’t think Irrational and Bioware are the same analogues, though.

Long story short, I think Bioware will make another game and even if they are sadly dissolved, the devs will move onto other teams in the industry, I guess. 

I think bioware definitely going to survive. But they have to make changes to their work. And also they have to be pretty effective on the graphics and also the plot. Another thing to do here is that game developers need to make changes to their overall strategy on in future. I think if they can do this then yes it would be possible for them to keep the bioware alive and kicking.