Register Now
Kaynil

Do you use walkthroughs?

They are a useful tool. I've seen some people that will not touch a guide at all no matter how stuck they are, while others rather rely on them to make sure to have the most effective route or make sure they don't accidentally miss something from the game.

Do you use guides often? Do you have a code of honor you follow regarding when it is fine to use a guide and what cases you think you shouldn't?

Have you ever regretted looking for something ina guide just to discover that the answer was something really simple? I have. 😂

I might use one for a certain level I cannot beat at all.  However, I would never use one for a whole game - cause that would destroy the fun, of course!  Anyway, my nephew would use a whole walk-thru - because he cannot beat certain games  (Batman, Indiana Jones etc.) due to his age (He was 7 years old.).

Edited by Jayson

On 3/24/2019 at 2:57 AM, Kaynil said:

They are a useful tool. I've seen some people that will not touch a guide at all no matter how stuck they are, while others rather rely on them to make sure to have the most effective route or make sure they don't accidentally miss something from the game.

Do you use guides often? Do you have a code of honor you follow regarding when it is fine to use a guide and what cases you think you shouldn't?

Have you ever regretted looking for something ina guide just to discover that the answer was something really simple? I have. 😂

I avoid checking them unless I am extremely stuck and have no clue how to progress. I do sometimes also consult them if I'm leaving an area/level that i can't return to in order to make sure I didn't miss anything cool.

Cheat guides or walk through just like some gamers call aren't really my thing but some gamers would like it any day and anytime because it makes gaming very much easier for them. I'm among the hard gamers, so the harder it gets, the more intriguing it gets for me.