Register Now
Alexander.

Xbox Live Party Chat

Obviously you will have 2-3 friends on your if you have Xbox Live Gold, possibly more. If you do hangout with friends on Xbox Live, do you communicate with them by an Xbox Party chat with a microphone or do you send messages to each other?

How often do you participate in conversation through a Party on Xbox Live? 

When it comes to gaming with friends, I will always go into an Xbox party and communicate by talking. I feel like talking is a lot easier way to be able to communicate than it is to take your focus away from the game to be able to send messages back and forth in text form. Back when I used to joint own a clan I would be in a party on the daily with friends when I was gaming, however, many people have now moved away from Xbox or gaming in general and I now only use party chat if I really need to. Nowadays when I game though I am usually gaming with my other half who I am in a long-distance relationship with and we are usually on skype, so we communicate that way. I can't remember the last time I used an Xbox Party when gaming.

I do know now that Xbox now has Discord fully built in, as long as your Discord account is linked you should see all the servers you are part of and be able to jump into chat lobbies that way or even just jump into chat with people through that. I really feel that with Discord now being built in, that may get used a lot more now over the party chat feature on Xbox. I wouldn't like to say that they will completely phase out Xbox Live Party Chat as I know many still do rely on it, especially if they do not use Discord but I feel that Discord will be a big hit now. 

15 hours ago, Shortie said:

I do know now that Xbox now has Discord fully built in, as long as your Discord account is linked you should see all the servers you are part of and be able to jump into chat lobbies that way or even just jump into chat with people through that. I really feel that with Discord now being built in, that may get used a lot more now over the party chat feature on Xbox. I wouldn't like to say that they will completely phase out Xbox Live Party Chat as I know many still do rely on it, especially if they do not use Discord but I feel that Discord will be a big hit now. 

I really need to go check this out, I don't use Discord often but most of my friends I play online Games with are on discord and that would surely be a good way to communicate with them while I still play videogames.