Register Now
StaceyPowers

To those who live in small homes/apartments...

I live in just one room. It’s a tiny space which has my entire life in it—living room, kitchen, bedroom. I keep my PS3 under the desk which has my TV on it.

To those of you who likewise live in tiny spaces, how many consoles do you own? Where do you keep them? Any advice for conserving space with multiple consoles?

5 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

I live in just one room. It’s a tiny space which has my entire life in it—living room, kitchen, bedroom. I keep my PS3 under the desk which has my TV on it.

To those of you who likewise live in tiny spaces, how many consoles do you own? Where do you keep them? Any advice for conserving space with multiple consoles?

My apartment is a decent size and I have...correction I had a desktop gaming PC and I still have my gaming laptop. Spacewise - just keep it extremely simple. In any room in my apartment or in anything I do, get the essential stuff in first(gaming is essential so you must find space for it lol) and then everything else stays in the closet/under the bed/in a drawer I hardly open.

I don't really have small house exactly. But we have some space issues. So only 2 consoles so far. One being PS and another xbox. So I can't put a lot of boxed pack either. And that is one reason I prefer the digital content these days. They can save a lot of space in the room. 

On 4/3/2019 at 3:20 AM, StaceyPowers said:

@skyfire @killamch89 Thank you both for your thoughts/feedback. I probably really just need to clean ... and organize ... ugh. Not my favorite chores. Wouldn't it be nice if we could earn trophies for stuff IRL? :/

Haha. True. Someone needs to gamify the life for cleaning and doing chores and reward us for that. There is already one app named Actifit that pays for doing jogging and health activities. I i wish they make it for cleaning home too. 

I'm talking about the getting trophies for daily life nonsense.

11 hours ago, skyfire said:

Haha. True. Someone needs to gamify the life for cleaning and doing chores and reward us for that. There is already one app named Actifit that pays for doing jogging and health activities. I i wish they make it for cleaning home too. 

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

I think the idea would be an app which would "gamify" real life but be customizable based on one's needs. I too certainly would be angry at the thought of needing to meet unreachable task standards (I have a restricted amount of "energy/willpower units" on many days due to chronic pain), but I wouldn't mind if real life were more ... well, rewarding. Games do well activating a dopamine response, but real life chores do not. And even with my disability, I must rely largely on myself to exist :/

Incidentally, dopamine helps to reduce pain, so anything that spikes it can help me with my life. I often feel better while gaming. I think this is largely because it is night time, but I sometimes wonder if the dopamine effects of gaming also help.

Edited by StaceyPowers

On 4/5/2019 at 12:05 AM, The Blackangel said:

Kind of like App. You know there is one app named actilife that pays based on how much you travel distance or say walk. Same like app that if we create where people get rewards for cleaning bed, making our own food, doing gardening. Those are some of the ideas I was referring too. It kind of makes us engaged and forget about other issues and also rewards for activity. 

3 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Ok so cripples are excluded. Thanks for clearing that up.

Why would we not include you?

On 4/4/2019 at 2:44 PM, StaceyPowers said:

I think the idea would be an app which would "gamify" real life but be customizable based on one's needs. I too certainly would be angry at the thought of needing to meet unreachable task standards (I have a restricted amount of "energy/willpower units" on many days due to chronic pain), but I wouldn't mind if real life were more ... well, rewarding. Games do well activating a dopamine response, but real life chores do not. And even with my disability, I must rely largely on myself to exist 😕

Incidentally, dopamine helps to reduce pain, so anything that spikes it can help me with my life. I often feel better while gaming. I think this is largely because it is night time, but I sometimes wonder if the dopamine effects of gaming also help.

I see where you are coming from now. I do know a herb that can increase your dopamine levels among other things (and no it is not weed or psychedelic drug) and for the most part a brilliant herb that helps with stress as well. It's called Mucuna Pruriens - it's an Indian ayurvedic herb that is well-known for being a brain booster and mood enhancer. I am recommending this because I have used it for over 6 years and it is wonderful.