Register Now
StaceyPowers

Gaming with wrist/hand/arm problems

I sometimes get RSI in my wrists from my job. I thankfully haven’t had a flare in a while (knock on plastic), but when I do, it can make gaming a little awkward. Mouse use usually is right out, and keyboard use isn’t great either. DualShock isn’t too bad—mostly—but it can still be a bit much at times.

I wondered if anyone here has issues like this, and if so, what you do for them? I use some soft wrist braces which help out a lot.

I'm not sure what RSI is, but I have a problem with my hand locking. My fingers lock up and I can't move or bend them at all. I have to have help breaking them loose. And it's not just when I'm gaming. It happens several times daily. And when both hands do it at the same time I'm fully screwed.

18 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I'm not sure what RSI is, but I have a problem with my hand locking. My fingers lock up and I can't move or bend them at all. I have to have help breaking them loose. And it's not just when I'm gaming. It happens several times daily. And when both hands do it at the same time I'm fully screwed.

How do you unlock your fingers?

RSI = Repetitive Stress Injury.

I have to have someone hold my arm down and take a finger and "break" them loose. I use the term break because there's always a loud cracking sound. I've had x-rays and there's no broken bones or damaged tendons/ligaments so we can't figure out what the he'll is going on. All I know is that it's a pain to deal with every god damn day.

I think that condition is really tough to play games into. I guess in near future we can see some of the VR and more of gesture games which can be pretty effective for gaming with the people who have those condition.