Register Now
Aerielle del Rosario

Useless weapon in video games

On 5/30/2019 at 12:18 PM, kingpotato said:

Yeah I never quite liked warhammers in Skyrim, they are super slow and you are wide open before and after the swing. 

Yeah its like using a pellet gun. You are right there are always challenge weapons in games and some might be fun or others even worth it despite the cons it has, but a gun like this is just pure garbage.

I don't even like the larger axes in Skyrim (forgot what they're called--the ones between the regular small axes and the warhammers). They look pretty, but they end up hanging on my wall rather than staying in my inventory. The other problem with these larger weapons is their weight. I have a hard time keeping my inventory weight under control as it is. Carrying heavy weapons makes it worse.

With "challenge weapons," the only thing that ever motivates me to use them is if they are really satisfying when you get them to work out, i.e. the gauntlet in Quake 3 Arena. Managing to make a run at your enemy and shred them with a handheld saw is very pleasing.

On 5/30/2019 at 12:52 PM, TheSteelyardDweller said:

dude good call i hate those things. they are so cumbersome. i feel like i'm in slow motion when i try to use it.

Yeah and most of the time, you tend to miss. Out of all the two-handed weapons in any games I can remember playing, It is the most pointless one.

On 5/28/2019 at 3:02 PM, kingpotato said:

Yeah the ebony blade is very useless , the sword alone is not worth it if you have to kill a companion.

A useless weapon in videogames its the Mozambique in Apex Legends, a little bit of background first your health is based on 100 points , the Mozambique its like a hand gun shotgun, it only fires three rounds with 3 bullets in each round , the 3 bullets are sent out in a triangle shape, supposedly if you accurately hit the target its going to make 45 points of damage. The problem is that if you only land one of the 3 bullets its only going to make about 10-15 damage and if you hit the arm or the legs is going to be about a 5-10 damage, recharging the thing is too slow and since its a shotgun obviously the farther your target the more the bullets spread out and the less damage they make.

That is a pretty horrible weapon but I'm not surprised an EA game would have such a ridiculously useless weapon. You'd have to be like Vash Stampede from Trigun or Bullseye from Daredevil  - both of whom possess God-like accuracy with projectile weapons to kill anyone with it and you'd have to mainly aim for your opponent's head and neck. I bet those pellets spread out the further you are from your opponent which makes it extremely useless.

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That is a pretty horrible weapon but I'm not surprised an EA game would have such a ridiculously useless weapon. You'd have to be like Vash Stampede from Trigun or Bullseye from Daredevil  - both of whom possess God-like accuracy with projectile weapons to kill anyone with it and you'd have to mainly aim for your opponent's head and neck. I bet those pellets spread out the further you are from your opponent which makes it extremely useless.

Well its mostly Respawn fault, but yeah you have to be very very close to make a decent shotgun damage.

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

Well its mostly Respawn fault, but yeah you have to be very very close to make a decent shotgun damage.

If I had that weapon, I'd just resort to knifing people if I can't find another gun in time...I mean it seems you stand a better chance trying to engage someone in close quarters combat than using that thing.

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

If I had that weapon, I'd just resort to knifing people if I can't find another gun in time...I mean it seems you stand a better chance trying to engage someone in close quarters combat than using that thing.

The best thing is to just ditch it once you find something else, but yeah I have killed guys that use the Mozambique with just my fist the damage they make with it is pathetic. I have seen videos on Youtube of guys trying to win a match with that gun only and its pretty hilarious xD they do win sometimes but they tend to resort to other tactics as well.

10 hours ago, kingpotato said:

The best thing is to just ditch it once you find something else, but yeah I have killed guys that use the Mozambique with just my fist the damage they make with it is pathetic. I have seen videos on Youtube of guys trying to win a match with that gun only and its pretty hilarious xD they do win sometimes but they tend to resort to other tactics as well.

In most games, you'll find at least one weapon that is useless in regular combat but they are great for certain situations. The pickaxe from Skyrim sounds more useful than that XD

22 hours ago, killamch89 said:

In most games, you'll find at least one weapon that is useless in regular combat but they are great for certain situations. The pickaxe from Skyrim sounds more useful than that XD

Don’t underestimate that pickaxe! I got the enhanced one from the top of the Throat of the World, and have given it full upgrades. It does about the same damage as a weak standard axe at this point. So it’s not great, but it’s a usable weapon. Very helpful for killing people in Markarth.

Another useless weapon is the magic powder in Zelda: A Link To The Past. There is only one time you need it, and that's in the bats cave next to the blacksmiths house. Other than that, unless you just enjoy playing with it, you will never use it again. It serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever.

The tyrfing in Castlevania: SOTN makes no sense as well. it's a cursed sword that when you get it, has an attack of zero. It will not do a single point of damage no matter how many times you strike. You have to level way the hell up before it takes on an attack value. Why the hell would they even put something like that in the game? Exactly what purpose does it serve other than to waste space in my inventory?

51 minutes ago, StaceyPowers said:

Don’t underestimate that pickaxe! I got the enhanced one from the top of the Throat of the World, and have given it full upgrades. It does about the same damage as a weak standard axe at this point. So it’s not great, but it’s a usable weapon. Very helpful for killing people in Markarth.

To be honest, I do have a fork I enchanted and it was pretty deadly as well. I enchanted mine with drain health and paralyze and it could take down pretty much anything in Skyrim - even dragons. Wait - what am I talking about? A Mammoth or Giant can take down a dragon...

39 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Another useless weapon is the magic powder in Zelda: A Link To The Past. There is only one time you need it, and that's in the bats cave next to the blacksmiths house. Other than that, unless you just enjoy playing with it, you will never use it again. It serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever.

The tyrfing in Castlevania: SOTN makes no sense as well. it's a cursed sword that when you get it, has an attack of zero. It will not do a single point of damage no matter how many times you strike. You have to level way the hell up before it takes on an attack value. Why the hell would they even put something like that in the game? Exactly what purpose does it serve other than to waste space in my inventory?

I never really had the patience to use the Tyrfing either because it had no attack power.

22 hours ago, killamch89 said:

To be honest, I do have a fork I enchanted and it was pretty deadly as well. I enchanted mine with drain health and paralyze and it could take down pretty much anything in Skyrim - even dragons. Wait - what am I talking about? A Mammoth or Giant can take down a dragon...

I never really had the patience to use the Tyrfing either because it had no attack power.

Wait, can you actually use a fork for attacks? Or am I missing a joke ... 

7 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Wait, can you actually use a fork for attacks? Or am I missing a joke ... 

I actually completed vanilla Skyrim with a fork - at first, it does one damage but once you're able to put the drain health and paralyze enchantments on it, it was able to destroy anything in its path...I originally did this as a joke but it turned out the joke was on me...

16 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I actually completed vanilla Skyrim with a fork - at first, it does one damage but once you're able to put the drain health and paralyze enchantments on it, it was able to destroy anything in its path...I originally did this as a joke but it turned out the joke was on me...

I don't even know where to get a fork in the game. I'm trying to picture seeing one anywhere, and I can't. lots of bowls everywhere, but not a lot of forks. Do you recall where you found/bought it?

Aside from the pickaxe, my silliest weapon is a wooden sword which I leveled as high as it will go and put a Soul Trap enchantment on. It's still a really weak weapon, so I need to make sure I really am down to like the last hit or two before I try to use it.

11 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

I don't even know where to get a fork in the game. I'm trying to picture seeing one anywhere, and I can't. lots of bowls everywhere, but not a lot of forks. Do you recall where you found/bought it?

Aside from the pickaxe, my silliest weapon is a wooden sword which I leveled as high as it will go and put a Soul Trap enchantment on. It's still a really weak weapon, so I need to make sure I really am down to like the last hit or two before I try to use it.

I think its only on mods or PC, I have never seen the option to attach a fork as a weapon.