Register Now
StaceyPowers

What makes for a great DLC?

I've played a few DLCs that I really enjoyed and thought were well worth the money, but a lot of DLCs fall short for me in terms of value. Obviously what you're looking for in a DLC is going to vary a lot depending on the game, but what in general do you hope for? I look for solid story, a deeper understanding of the characters I love, and hopefully new areas to explore. Closure can be nice too--i.e. answers to questions that were left open in the main game, and/or emotional closure for narrative loose ends.

Edited by StaceyPowers

I'm not a fan of paying for DLCs but if I had to it will be for something related to the story of the game and of course that it holds up to the quality of the main game. I'm against DLCs that are the "true" ending of the game, thats just paying for the goddamn ending.

I look for a solid side story or addition to the main plot and unique characters/game features that add to the original game world. I also like seeing the alternative perspectives of villains in a game - all at a reasonable price.

On 6/1/2019 at 6:35 AM, skyfire said:

If any DLC adds more levels into the campaign based games, I am the one who is the most happy for that game. But if it adds more microtransaction levels. I see no point in them. Android market is now filled with such games. 

Precisely why I dislike the current mobile gaming industry. It had the potential to be great but now it is just a grim reminder of what happens if we don't do anything about the ridiculous amount of microtransactions in-game.

I think this whole pay to win and the microtransaction industry mentality is affecting the gaming. I am sure in near future that will change. Nobody minds ads but these pay to win and server isolation can be pretty bad.