Register Now
killamch89

Most Overhyped Games Ever

9 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I don't really understand the appeal of that game either - I mean it has pretty good graphics but what is so special about the game? Travelling form planet to planet? I know at least 20 other games that do the same thing so what's the big deal?

I think it’s the huge size of the planets and galaxies which was impressive but you’re right. There are a few other games that do a similar thing. It ended up being a really milquetoast experience.

2 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I was going to mention this game as well but it somehow slipped me -_-.

The worst part about it all is that the hype was all based on a version of the game that never saw the light of day so what we expected never got made. Instead we got served the butchered remains of whatever it once was supposed to be and they lied to us about it all the way.

2 minutes ago, Alyxx said:

The worst part about it all is that the hype was all based on a version of the game that never saw the light of day so what we expected never got made. Instead we got served the butchered remains of whatever it once was supposed to be and they lied to us about it all the way.

It was rushed out the door by Gearbox instead of trying to deliver on what they promised - the worse part is the demo was very good but that is what they used to trick us the players. Why hasn't anyone sued them for fraud yet?

Just now, killamch89 said:

It was rushed out the door by Gearbox instead of trying to deliver on what they promised - the worse part is the demo was very good but that is what they used to trick us the players. Why hasn't anyone sued them for fraud yet?

Yeah I've been asking the same thing. I remember playing the game on launch and just thinking "what the fuck is this"

Just now, Alyxx said:

Yeah I've been asking the same thing. I remember playing the game on launch and just thinking "what the fuck is this"

I stopped playing it after 15 minutes and normally I give myself at least 1 hour with a new game before I switch to something else if it is extremely horrible. Randy Pitchford's excuses just added insult to injury - I can almost bet he was extremely pleased with himself for pulling that off.

Just now, killamch89 said:

I stopped playing it after 15 minutes and normally I give myself at least 1 hour with a new game before I switch to something else if it is extremely horrible. Randy Pitchford's excuses just added insult to injury - I can almost bet he was extremely pleased with himself for pulling that off.

I completed the game. It was better than I expected it to be but with some serious AI issues.

2 minutes ago, Alyxx said:

I completed the game. It was better than I expected it to be but with some serious AI issues.

My expectations is what stopped me from ever completing this game because I had the demo and when I played the final version, I was so turned off by it.

On 8/12/2019 at 6:17 PM, skyfire said:

On the context of over hype. I think apex legends is now trying to do the damage control. And it seems like change in things going around. 

Well in Apex defense nobody knew it was coming so there was no hype previous the release of the game, but the game kinda fade off recently.

17 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Well in Apex defense nobody knew it was coming so there was no hype previous the release of the game, but the game kinda fade off recently.

Originally, it didn't have any hype but upon the first few weeks of release, it was dubbed the "The Fortnite Killer" by the media and with such huge title came a ton of expectations and when EA failed to deliver on a consistent basis to compete with Fortnite, the game lost its appeal.

On 8/14/2019 at 12:30 PM, kingpotato said:

Yes indeed but the graphics was pretty much heavy and also I think it's sad that developers worked on such stuff and it didn't took off. Kind of felt like indie game treatment for that game. 

On 8/16/2019 at 8:43 PM, skyfire said:

Yes indeed but the graphics was pretty much heavy and also I think it's sad that developers worked on such stuff and it didn't took off. Kind of felt like indie game treatment for that game. 

And now EA are ruining the game by introducing some ridiculous paywall systems such as the iron box event.

On 8/18/2019 at 7:57 PM, killamch89 said:

And now EA are ruining the game by introducing some ridiculous paywall systems such as the iron box event.

Well the game is free to begin with, I mean yeah that whole iron box event was really shitty but at the end of the day the game is free and all that stuff is optional. True to be told it was too early to call it the Fortnite killer, it is obvious that Apex cannot keep up with Fortnite now.