Register Now
StaceyPowers

What video games/series are you loyal to?

15 minutes ago, staticradio725 said:

It's interesting that you guys brought up the Arkham series, because I have to wonder if some of that loyalty is just general loyalty to the Batman franchise in general, outside of that specific series of games? I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a good series. But the only reason I started playing it in the first place was because I'm just generally loyal to the Batman franchise, even though I'm really not a fan of superhero stuff in general.

It's actually one of the best superhero game series ever made because majority of the superhero games were absolute trash (Superman returns and Marvel's Avengers). While we may be huge fans of Batman and that was what originally drew us tp the game, it's actually the gameplay and story elements that made us like the game. I'm a huge Spiderman fan as well but I'll be the first to tell you that most Spiderman gamers were absolutely horrid and bland. Superhero games come under far more scrutiny from their fans because they want as something as close as possible to the experience they get from reading the comics or watching the movies/TV series. 

On 10/5/2019 at 10:17 PM, StaceyPowers said:

In this thread, @skyfire, @Alyxx and @The Blackangel mentioned that it may make more sense to be loyal to video games than to video game companies.

I’m not sure I’d really say I am “loyal” per say to a particular franchise, because like a company, it may be subject to very large changes.

But, perhaps I can relate in some way, as I may be more likely to try and look past flaws and appreciate bright spots in weaker games in a series if I love the series overall.

What video games/series are you loyal to?

I'm so hooked up to Call of Duty series too deep that I'm not sure if I would be able to cope should they end the game. I'm eagerly waiting for Call of Duty Vanguard that's coming out in November 5th. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

I'm so hooked up to Call of Duty series too deep that I'm not sure if I would be able to cope should they end the game. I'm eagerly waiting for Call of Duty Vanguard that's coming out in November 5th. 

I was a massive fan of COD back in the early days but the series has grown quite stale for me - the same with the modern Battlefield games although I do like the look of Battlefield 2042.

On 8/21/2021 at 1:32 AM, killamch89 said:

I was a massive fan of COD back in the early days but the series has grown quite stale for me - the same with the modern Battlefield games although I do like the look of Battlefield 2042.

Seriously, I actually have high hopes on the latest Call of Duty Vanguard that's coming out soon. Hopefully, they won't disappoint. 

Regards to games/series for me, I say for the last good five years I stick with FLight sims series, from old FSX to the new MSFS2020. Even P3D is built on the same framework and coding as FSX, but newer in away. REgards series based games then GTA

On 1/21/2021 at 7:11 PM, killamch89 said:

It's actually one of the best superhero game series ever made because majority of the superhero games were absolute trash (Superman returns and Marvel's Avengers). While we may be huge fans of Batman and that was what originally drew us tp the game, it's actually the gameplay and story elements that made us like the game. I'm a huge Spiderman fan as well but I'll be the first to tell you that most Spiderman gamers were absolutely horrid and bland. Superhero games come under far more scrutiny from their fans because they want as something as close as possible to the experience they get from reading the comics or watching the movies/TV series. 

I have actually played a few Batman and Gotham games because of the Joker character it comes with as I really enjoy him and his tricks.