Register Now
Jayson

Gaming as the New Release for Aggression

6 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

To me that’s like people who scream “Guns kill”. If guns kill, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil. It’s not the object that did it. To my knowledge Mortal Kombat has never taken hostages or opened fire into a crowd. Shang Tsung is more hands on.

I agree 100%. Guns are just tools. Blame the person who fired it.

20 hours ago, Alyxx said:

I agree 100%. Guns are just tools. Blame the person who fired it.

I'm not sure why influential figures are always trying to scapegoat video games and media in general for some of the atrocities in society when these things have been happening long before these forms of entertainment existed.

24 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

If you watch any kind of western you’re guaranteed to see a shootout between two guys at least once. And everyone carried a gun. I wonder what video game made all the violence in 1870 so bad?

My sentiments exactly - it has always happened throughout history since the primitive days of mankind so to be blaming things that came along in the last 50 - 100 years is ludicrous.

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Just once I want to see a person blamed for their actions because they are the one at fault, without people searching for something else to blame as a scapegoat.

Most of these people are spineless and narcissistic so they'll never want to admit that they are the ones at fault...

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Most of these people are spineless and narcissistic so they'll never want to admit that they are the ones at fault...

I was meaning not just the one at fault, but everyone else who would take the opportunity to push their agenda. Blame guns, blame video games, blame music, blame tv/movies, etc etc. Just blame the asshole who did it.

34 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I was meaning not just the one at fault, but everyone else who would take the opportunity to push their agenda. Blame guns, blame video games, blame music, blame tv/movies, etc etc. Just blame the asshole who did it.

Yeah, Everyone should be held accountable for their actions...

People doing mass shootings were messed up before they got into video games - or they were messed up apart from the games.  Well, really, mostly the parents are to blame - for raising weak kids - but sometimes parents have an legit excuse.

Now when I say weak - I mean not necessary weak - in the common sense - but could also be applied to morally warped freaks.

7 hours ago, Alyxx said:

Violence existed before video games.

Violence has existed for as long as humanoid creatures have existed. Homo Erectus, Homo Habilus, Homo Sapien, etc. etc. The animal kingdom is no different. Watch chimpanzees for a quick example. They war against each other just as bad, and often worse than people have. They have no video games. So to all those that want to blame video gaming, what's your excuse for them? And don't give me that "lesser intelligence" bullshit. They're smarter than humans, whether humans want to admit it or not. Humans just have a more realized consciousness.

Video games are just a convenient scapegoat.

Edited by The Blackangel