Register Now
TheSteelyardDweller

who here has bad internet for gaming

My connection isn't super fast, however, at least I'm on fibre 😉 even that it does make a little difference. I'm maxed out on what I got available in the street, but able to stream and download and play games and stream on twitch at1080P with no errors and downtime. My ISP is good, they are god uptime and never had any big drama

On 10/13/2019 at 3:47 PM, skyfire said:

I think having too many other people around often can create issues for public Wifi so I tend to use the mobile net often these days. 

Yeah, I think that clusters of lots of people using the same Wi-Fi might be a challenge for good internet connection. It was something very common in my workplace. 

On 2/8/2021 at 2:58 PM, Patrik said:

My net is pretty bad but surprisingly good for online gaming, the only issue i find is when i'm trying to update a specific game, it takes so long

Even though I have 200 mbps, I still get a bit of lag occasionally although I suspect it's more down to the game servers than my internet speed.

13 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Even though I have 200 mbps, I still get a bit of lag occasionally although I suspect it's more down to the game servers than my internet speed.

It can definitely come from both ways based on my experience with such happening to me a long time ago. 

On 8/17/2021 at 7:43 PM, killamch89 said:

is it a matter of ping (which i'm sure it is, as you can't have a bad packetloss with such as fast net)?

if yes, then it really depends on how far are the servers hosts located from your current location