Register Now
Sign in to follow this  
StaceyPowers

Gaming subscriptions

@kingpotato was mentioning he can't afford a PS Plus subscription, and I started to wonder how many people here do and don't have gaming subscriptions. For those of you who do pay for them, which ones do you have, and which do you feel give you the best bang for your buck? For those who don't, what stops you aside from simply not having the money to subscribe?

I’ve never had a gaming service subscription, but I think in my case it probably just doesn’t make a lot of sense—and not just because I’m a generation behind. I tend to play mostly large open world games, and it just makes more sense to spend a few bucks to buy them used and own them than to pay for a subscription service I won’t get that much use from.

I'm subscribed to Nintendo Switch Online and PS Plus. I find them more than affordable given you only pay for them once a year and the amount is pretty fair I feel.

For me aside from not able to afford it is also an unnecessary expense, I live by myself so I have to pay bills, rent and groceries and sometimes I dont have the time to play videogames, so I dont want to be paying for a service that Im not going to use that often. Still if I had the money and time I would gladly get a subscription for PS plus, I did had a subscription for Xbox Live for many years but that was back when I was a teenager and obviously my parents paid for it xD

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

For me aside from not able to afford it is also an unnecessary expense, I live by myself so I have to pay bills, rent and groceries and sometimes I dont have the time to play videogames, so I dont want to be paying for a service that Im not going to use that often. Still if I had the money and time I would gladly get a subscription for PS plus, I did had a subscription for Xbox Live for many years but that was back when I was a teenager and obviously my parents paid for it xD

I've been using my PS Vita consistently for years and my Switch is being used frequently so for me it's worth it.

I am at stage where I already have too many streaming subs. And I can't afford the gaming subscription. I don't know how to handle those subs anymore. 

Back in the days, I used to pay $13 a month to play Champions Online although I got the vet account within that same year so I no longer had to pay that. Otherwise, I can't really remember any other ones off the top of my head.