Register Now
StaceyPowers

Worst case of exploit abuse you ever witnessed?

What is the single most damaging abuse of a glitch or bug or exploit you ever saw in a game?

The worst for me was in a MUD I played where I noticed that everything in the game cost an insane amount of gold. I could not wrap my head around it for a long time. Not all the quests or mobs in the game had been updated to drop more gold, either, so it could be difficult to buy things.

Eventually, someone explained to me that massive inflation had taken place. And the entire reason for it was because some quest had glitched at some point in the past, and a player discovered he could basically get endless gold from it. So he abused the glitch to get an insane amount of money, and then it flooded out into the game economy before the admins could catch onto what had happened. As a result, the value of the in-game currency watered down to almost nothing.

Does anyone else have any dramatic stories to share of this type of abuse?

19 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Same here I dont think I ever encountered something like that, well except maybe in COD Blackops 2 there was this little crawl space where you could duck and camp and kill anyone from a  distance and no matter who tried to hunt you they where always on your sight of fire.

Not sure if exploit or tactical advantage.

8 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Sounds more like the latter to me as he's using a hard-to-spot area on the map to his advantage rather than an outright glitch to gain an advantage over the competition.

Yeah lol

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

Sounds more like the latter to me as he's using a hard-to-spot area on the map to his advantage rather than an outright glitch to gain an advantage over the competition.

True but isnt the point of COD games to not camp ? the gameplay is know for moving around the map and even if you do camp there is always a way to get around the camper

43 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

True but isnt the point of COD games to not camp ? the gameplay is know for moving around the map and even if you do camp there is always a way to get around the camper

I've encountered plenty of campers from the old COD games and although I disagree with that kind of playstyle(I mean sitting still and just shooting people from one spot is boring as hell), you can't really control how other people choose to play the game.