Register Now
skyfire

Nier Replicant ver.1.22474487139

I just remembered that this game is about to drop (tomorrow I believe).  I liked the original back in the day despite it's admittidly numerous shortcomings.  It's clear that a ton of stuff was cut from the original release and the grahpics in the enviorments were muddy even for the time.  From that I've heard this seems to address most of the issues with crisper visuals and gameplay, bringing cut content like Weapon Stories and even some characters and plot elements back in, voice overs in ALL the cutscene's and hopefully an overhaul of that pathetic fishing minigame.

Anyone else condering this?

I've played for about 6  hours now.  It's already clear how just even a handful of improvements can improve the experience.  The additional voice acting, a fishing minigame that isn't impossible to understand, optional fetch quests that aren't hours of grinding.  They are relatively small changes but they add up to make a big difference.  I'm way more invested in the story and characters now than I was before even those aspects are pretty much the same.

The opening sequence was a high up lift up wasn't it, something that doesn't not have my interst. Some of the monsters remind me of Twillight Princess. The Light gods or something. The people dancing with the weird costumes reminds me of the twillight people.

On 4/26/2021 at 3:21 AM, Crazycrab said:

I've played for about 6  hours now.  It's already clear how just even a handful of improvements can improve the experience.  The additional voice acting, a fishing minigame that isn't impossible to understand, optional fetch quests that aren't hours of grinding.  They are relatively small changes but they add up to make a big difference.  I'm way more invested in the story and characters now than I was before even those aspects are pretty much the same.

So fishing mini game is not that bad right? I thought so. I wonder how other youtubers enjoyed it or not because lot of folks were surprised with minigame in it. 

3 hours ago, skyfire said:

So fishing mini game is not that bad right? I thought so. I wonder how other youtubers enjoyed it or not because lot of folks were surprised with minigame in it. 

Let me put it this way.  A fishing minigame might not sound like that big a deal and it normally wouldn't be.  In the original NieR, however, the fishing minigame was so terrible that some gamers and even reviewer's refused to continue to play.  I'm NOT kidding!  It's a strong contender for the worst minigame of all time!

Not to mention that it is compulsory for one the early story quests.  With Replicant, the difference is night and day.  It's much more in line with something like Zelda and MUCH more playable.