Register Now
Kane99

What's the best smartphone for VR?

I would love to get myself a new smartphone, one that can actually run with VR, do you guys have any recommendations? Would the newest Samsung phone be good? I've considered Google Pixel brand, but idk if I want a google phone. I'm not sure if the Razer phone supports VR, but I was eyeing that up too. 

I need a new phone anyway, so it gets me what I need and maybe even the ability to do some stuff in VR. 

9 minutes ago, skyfire said:

I think ROG phones are good option though not sure if people have tested VR games with them.

Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus seems to be a very good one for VR too with the resolution of 1440 x 2960 and Power of Exynos 8895, 4GB RAM. 

On 10/2/2020 at 4:32 AM, skyfire said:

ROG Phones, Blackshark phones are pretty good for the VR based games. A lot of games with basic VR can work on medium range phones too. 

Can't say I've heard of ROG phones. Nor have I heard of Blackshark phones. Are they like the premiere gaming phones on the market? I always though Razer was the only one making phones in the gaming sector. 

On 2/22/2022 at 8:37 PM, Kane99 said:

Can't say I've heard of ROG phones. Nor have I heard of Blackshark phones. Are they like the premiere gaming phones on the market? I always though Razer was the only one making phones in the gaming sector. 

Here is a very good review on Xiaomi Black Shark 4. It's definitely worth every penny. 

On 2/23/2022 at 1:07 AM, Kane99 said:

Blackshark is from Xiaomi and ROG is from ASUS. Both are good options due to more RAM which you need for VR as is.

9 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Experiencing VR stuffs on mobile phone is something worth going for. I check around ROG, Blackshark phones to see how if it has the option for VR games. 

Yes if the VR requires more RAM then the thing is that ROG phone and the Blackshark are perfect for the same.

16 hours ago, skyfire said:

Blackshark is from Xiaomi and ROG is from ASUS. Both are good options due to more RAM which you need for VR as is.

Personally, I think that I favor Blackshark more because of how it's built, the design and it's specifications as well. 

20 hours ago, Heatman said:

You can have all the information on the smartphone here, which is even for the pro version. 

I couldn't watch till the end, the video was too long, I don't have such appetite to hang on to watch it to be frank. I stopped at the charger's description. Sorry if I've disappointed not to watch it full, after you laboured to get it for me. I'll save it to watch it next time from YouTube, thanks for sharing it. 

2 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I couldn't watch till the end, the video was too long, I don't have such appetite to hang on to watch it to be frank. I stopped at the charger's description. Sorry if I've disappointed not to watch it full, after you laboured to get it for me. I'll save it to watch it next time from YouTube, thanks for sharing it. 

It's not really a big deal my friend. You can always come back to watch it over and over again. If I can download it and PM you, I will.