Register Now
Kane99

I'm 50-50 on Sonic games

Don't get me wrong, I do like Sonic as a character and have fond memories of the first few games, but that's where my memories mostly lie. I grew up playing the first three Sonic The Hedgehog games. I did not get to play many of the future games until Generations, which I enjoyed. But, from what I saw with Sonic 06, and the new sonic games, I kind of lost interest in the series. 

I love the original games and Generation, and I may even like Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, but I haven't played those in a long time. How do you feel about the Sonic franchise. Are you happy with it today? Or do you hope SEGA gets someone else in there to work on it? 

On 10/29/2020 at 7:41 AM, Shagger said:

Sonic is a lot like Queen (the band). No fan would ever admit it, but as brilliant as some Queen songs get, that doesn't change the reality that there's as least as many shitty Queen songs as there are good ones.

The concept for Sonic hasn't changed much over the decades so every sequel becomes pretty boring and repetitive after a couple of hours. You're analogy about Sonic games is absolutely spot on. I mean, Sonic Drift has to be one of the oddest games of the franchises. He's already fast on foot so why would he need a go kart?

6 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think sonic, mario, and many other platformer games unless they offer some changes in story are pretty much on the same line. In todays era platformer games are neon with graphics touchup only. 

That's true but at least with Mario games, Nintendo tries to add in some cool and unique gameplay elements whereas Sonic just sticks to the same formula but add a graphical update to their games.