Register Now
Kane99

Xbox Games For Gold, needs to change for the better

Xbox Games for Gold hasn't really been all too great in recent years. There has been some good games in the mix, but the majority of the time, they give away fairly old games that no one wants, and with Gamepass being a thing now, I suspect games with gold may eventually be fazed away. 

What do you guys think? I figure game pass is way more worth it, considering the amount of games you get, plus it gets you Xbox live, so it feels like it's not even worth getting the basic xbox live anymore. I mean, look at the selection for December, it gets you: The Raven Remastered (XB1), Bleed 2 (XB1), Saints Row: Gat out of Hell (360), Stacking (360). 

Just feels like they could be adding these games into gamepass instead. But that's just me. What are your thoughts?

Yeah, there are pretty old games that are listed in the mix. Wish they would update the service faster, and not after they get a higher number of people going after the ultimate game pass. I guess it might partly be regarding money, as some of those games still earn them some money through the digital purchases.

1 hour ago, Joshua Farrell said:

Yeah, there are pretty old games that are listed in the mix. Wish they would update the service faster, and not after they get a higher number of people going after the ultimate game pass. I guess it might partly be regarding money, as some of those games still earn them some money through the digital purchases.

It could be due to money, but I think it's more to do with the fact that Game Pass is taking over, so maybe they're going to just drop the program soon. They could easily add these in with Game Pass each month or something. 

Personally, I don't even bother with Xbox games for gold but uses more of the game pass for my Xbox console, as the game pass has games that suits my interest more like halo infinite, Forza horizon 5, Outriders just to mention a few.

It's funny you should say this because I was just looking at the Xbox Games for Gold for this month and I was looking at them for next month as well and as much as there may be possibly one, I may think is okay, some of them never seem worth it and I never tend to bother with them. It's a shame really as Xbox has so much potential to offer better games through the gold subscription each month to hopefully get people to find more games they will enjoy and possibly purchase at a later date, but they seem to be missing out on those opportunities. Maybe one day we will see better titles offered but for now, I will just keep checking and hoping for the best.