Register Now
Kane99

What do you think the next Xbox will be called?

Haha, I don't think the names Microsoft give to the Xbox console is as bizzare or ridiculous compared to the name apple gives to their mobile phones. And as we all know names has never stopped people from purchasing and using a device or a console.

On 10/24/2022 at 3:36 AM, Ajibusu said:

I bother less about this, but it is going to be called the Xbox P series. That is something that will definitely sell, if they look towards that direction. 

Xbox P Series? I sure hope not lol. The kids will have a field day with a name like that. and with series at the end, I could see people saying "haha Xbox Ps." Like Xbox has to pee. Just like xbone all over again. 😄

I really think they should just call it Xbox and the version type or something. Or go out and call it Xbox 5 or something. 

8 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Xbox P Series? I sure hope not lol. The kids will have a field day with a name like that. and with series at the end, I could see people saying "haha Xbox Ps." Like Xbox has to pee. Just like xbone all over again. 😄

I really think they should just call it Xbox and the version type or something. Or go out and call it Xbox 5 or something. 

The last thing that I see Microsoft doing is naming their Xbox consoles with single numbers and staying consistent on it. It is something that can't even happen. 

I often think about this myself all the time. As a huge fan of Xbox I am always eager to hear about their next moves and what the next console may end up being and even though many people do tend to speculate what the next name would be as they do tend to go for very unique names, many are never right and Xbox always manages to amaze it's fan base with their next name for a console. I personally myself would love to see a handheld console from Xbox, I really feel that is what they are missing out on at the moment and so many would absolutely love to see a handheld Xbox console. Not sure if they will ever consider it with them giving users the ability to use their phones to game now but it would be awesome to see. I have seen people speculate on a name for a handheld Xbox and that has been Xbox 720 but I am not sure if a name for a handheld would go well with something similar to that of their consoles in the past. 

19 hours ago, Shortie said:

I personally myself would love to see a handheld console from Xbox, I really feel that is what they are missing out on at the moment and so many would absolutely love to see a handheld Xbox console. Not sure if they will ever consider it with them giving users the ability to use their phones to game now but it would be awesome to see. I have seen people speculate on a name for a handheld Xbox and that has been Xbox 720 but I am not sure if a name for a handheld would go well with something similar to that of their consoles in the past. 

I would also love to see an handheld Xbox and i really hope they do it soon.

I Know Xbox isn't Known for handhelds but it would be a really good move.

On 10/25/2022 at 11:37 PM, Ajibusu said:

The last thing that I see Microsoft doing is naming their Xbox consoles with single numbers and staying consistent on it. It is something that can't even happen. 

Idk, I disagree. I think the Xbox could easily go back to any number they want. They haven't been consistent with their names anyway, so at this point I doubt it even matters. They could call it anything they want. I prefer the idea of just having it be called Xbox. And maybe add the date to it, so Xbox 2022 or something. 

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I would also love to see an handheld Xbox and i really hope they do it soon.

I Know Xbox isn't Known for handhelds but it would be a really good move.

I would love for that to happen, but I don't ever see Microsoft jumping in, at least not for a while yet. Would be cool to see happen though and I would consider buying one. Well maybe. 

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

I would love for that to happen, but I don't ever see Microsoft jumping in, at least not for a while yet. Would be cool to see happen though and I would consider buying one. Well maybe. 

Having an handheld console would make them more competitive judging from it been a move no one would expect.

I love the Nintendo handhelds and would like to see an handheld from the other game companies.