Register Now
Kane99

Games that would be better if mods were allowed

What are some games you think would be a lot better if they allowed mods to be used? Of course during the single player mode of said games, but I think you get my point. Anyway, what are some games you'd like to see allow mods more often? 

For me, I think RDR2 and GTA V for consoles. The PC versions are obviously superior in that they can have mods, but on consoles, it's another story. What ever happened to more games on consoles getting their own mod marketplace of sorts? 

My answer remains the same as it would the question "which games are better with friends?" which is to say "all of them."

Like friends, the quality of the experience depends entirely on the mod. If you have a friend who isn't fun to talk or interact in another way with while gaming, then naturally the experience is going to suffer. Supercars in Red Dead Redemption 2 might make the game considerably faster, but that doesn't help if you want a ploddier experience.

I don't mean to come off as snarky or aggressive with this, if my tone in any way implies. I just think the matter is that black and white.

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

What ever happened to more games on consoles getting their own mod marketplace of sorts? 

I wish I had the answer. Perhaps console manufacturers don't want to take the blame if things go belly up from having too many mods?

17 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

My answer remains the same as it would the question "which games are better with friends?" which is to say "all of them."

Like friends, the quality of the experience depends entirely on the mod. If you have a friend who isn't fun to talk or interact in another way with while gaming, then naturally the experience is going to suffer. Supercars in Red Dead Redemption 2 might make the game considerably faster, but that doesn't help if you want a ploddier experience.

I don't mean to come off as snarky or aggressive with this, if my tone in any way implies. I just think the matter is that black and white.

I wish I had the answer. Perhaps console manufacturers don't want to take the blame if things go belly up from having too many mods?

That's the one issue I always had as a former console gamer in that you can hardly mod any of the games. I remember when I used to read magazines of mods about games like San Andreas and was surprised on what they could do to their game on PC. You can throw in other titles like Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind, The Fallout Games, Ark Evolved among others that provide brand new experiences with mods depending on the setup. Mods can drastically increase the lifeline of most PC titles - even San Andreas is still getting plenty of love and that was a game from the early 2000s but they still have RP servers.

31 minutes ago, Syntax said:

GTA V for consoles for sure, Skyrim was one I'd say but the remaster added some of that in for consoles, maybe even go as far as to say games like Need For Speed, or like you even said RDR2.

For sure, GTA V would be wonders if you could mod the single player mode at least. It won't hurt anything, and considering the game is 7 years old already, I don't think it really matters. Skyrim remastered does have some mods on consoles, but I don't think it can use all of them. RDR2 would be nice too, as I would love to mess around with some crazy mods.