Register Now
killamch89

Lenovo and MSI Gaming RTX 3000 laptops are here

On 1/18/2021 at 2:30 PM, skyfire said:

MSI too will eventually keep both options like ASUS. I think everybody breaks when the demand is there for ryzen and AMD in general for the gaming type of the computer. 

Ryzen is really starting to make a dent in the mobile industry and I have a hunch they'll leave a bigger impression this time around.

On 1/14/2021 at 11:09 PM, Shole said:

The God damn MSI looks gorgeous, look at that cool design bro. I am shook. I have a Rog, but that thing is wow, I am in love!

True but until I see a Ryzen version, I'm not really interested...

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Ryzen is really starting to make a dent in the mobile industry and I have a hunch they'll leave a bigger impression this time around.

This it is already happening. I never saw HP going for the AMD on laptops but 2020, they kind of made the move and now shipping a lot of models. 

On 1/22/2021 at 8:56 AM, skyfire said:

design looks bad. i realized now how much nintendo must have tested for that design which worked out for them. 

I agree - the design is quite horrid but who knows? They may just change the design. Alienware also demoed a handheld gaming device at last year's CES but we haven't heard anything about it since. It's a huge knockoff of the Nintendo Switch so I don't think it will be a hit but we'll see.

I'm really interested in the upcoming ThinkPad X1 extreme series, will they improve them, will they have AMD CPUs, will they get 16x10 displays, better batteries, better cooling, cameras, microphones, speakers, and so on. We have no idea as of yet. Yet I'm incredibly interested in the 7i. It's between the Scar 17 and Legion 7 for me right now. Really depends on the cooling between the two. I absolutely love the switchable plates on the Scar. The Legion 7 doesn't have enough RGB IMO. Though the 16" display is absolutely perfect for me.

Really gotta wait out those reviews.

18 hours ago, Empire said:

I'm really interested in the upcoming ThinkPad X1 extreme series, will they improve them, will they have AMD CPUs, will they get 16x10 displays, better batteries, better cooling, cameras, microphones, speakers, and so on. We have no idea as of yet. Yet I'm incredibly interested in the 7i. It's between the Scar 17 and Legion 7 for me right now. Really depends on the cooling between the two. I absolutely love the switchable plates on the Scar. The Legion 7 doesn't have enough RGB IMO. Though the 16" display is absolutely perfect for me.

Really gotta wait out those reviews.

I'm personally going for one of the Asus laptops but that'll be later this year because I need to get my gaming desktop up and running but I can't quite get my hands on the 3090 and a 5900 or 5950 X Ryzen CPU. 

16 hours ago, Empire said:

Yeah Asus I do agree they are good, But don't keep your dreams up just yet since they aren't out and no one will know if they will have the stocks in. By then another gen of new hardware be aiming to be relased. 

Gaming laptops are kind of a niche product though so most people won't buy one because they're pretty expensive right off the bat. Scalpers are more likely to target something that has ridiculous levels of demand such as the newest graphics cards or processors. 

On 1/24/2021 at 11:35 AM, killamch89 said:

I agree - the design is quite horrid but who knows? They may just change the design. Alienware also demoed a handheld gaming device at last year's CES but we haven't heard anything about it since. It's a huge knockoff of the Nintendo Switch so I don't think it will be a hit but we'll see.

I hope they do change but the way acer and the Dell has been looking at the design. I'd say the ASUS and the MSI has got better in terms of the design which is good for these series of laptops. 

On 1/24/2021 at 11:35 AM, killamch89 said:

Yeah I think there must be design patent that may stop them for 10 years or so of blockcing. Nintendo is that protective so far.