Register Now
Kane99

Over hyped games that are now forgotten?

What are some games that were overhyped and are now forgotten? Maybe Cyberpunk 2077 will go up soon enough. I think one game that comes to mind, is L.A. Noire. I know it had a remastered release, but I feel it was a game that got a lot of hype and is now a bit forgotten. What are some other games you feel were over-hyped and then once it released, was all but forgotten? 

Oh, another game that comes to mind, is A Way Out. After playing it the first time, I didn't feel like it was as good as people were making it sound. I only did one play-through, and I have no intention of doing another. 

The remake of Mafia, everyone was hyped for it, but it disappeared, you know, this actually matters mostly when it comes online games since playerbase matters a lot there and their death is noticeable than any singleplayer game

Watch Dogs was hyped up once when it turns out it's not going to change gaming forever. For some odd reason there is this expectation that all these next gen games are going to introduce unheard of gameplay mechanics and blow our minds. Watch Dogs will be a well constructed game that combines elements of GTA and Assassins Creed with a cool hacking overlay but not much more than that. It will be solidly constructed most likely. It will not be a paradigm shift. At most it will be a nice new fun IP hopefully.

Cyberpunk 2077 shell be in that category 🙂 Was hyped when it was out and now it's dying slowly. 

The FF7 remake and FF8 remaster. People were hyped for it, but after release, no one cared. Sure FF8 looked prettier, but FF7 was where the real problem was, as they removed content from the game. After it was discovered that FF7 was slashed and the only change to FF8 was graphics and that ability to get a couple items without needing a PocketStation, people no longer cared.