Register Now
Kane99

Do you think MK11 will add the MK Movie character skins?

The new Mortal Kombat trailer dropped the other day, and it looks pretty good to me. With that being said, do you think that MK11 will come out with some new character skins to match the look of the movie versions? I think they already did that for the original films, so I could see them doing it with the new movie. What do you guys think? 

Would be crazy if they made a game based off of the movie. I've seen it done before lol. 

Please God no. Games based on movies usually suck - I mean, how many video games based on movies can you actually name that were an absolute hit? Not even 5. I don't mind the MK movie skins if they added that to MK 11 but we don't want another movie flop. We already got the Cravengers (Avengers but the game was crap that's why I called it that), please let us get over that first lol.

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Please God no. Games based on movies usually suck - I mean, how many video games based on movies can you actually name that were an absolute hit? Not even 5. I don't mind the MK movie skins if they added that to MK 11 but we don't want another movie flop. We already got the Cravengers (Avengers but the game was crap that's why I called it that), please let us get over that first lol.

Calm down. Just because a game includes skins and/or aesthetic options and touches from a movie, especially when that movie is based on the game to begin with, it doesn't make it a movie based based game, and even if it did, it doesn't spell doom for game.

Having said that, @Kane99, a video game based on a movie based on a game is a concept that's been done before with predictively has results. Did you know their is a Street Fighter: The Movie, the game? It was basically a clone of Street Fighter 2, except the character models were replaced with digitised models of the actors from the film.

Edited by Shagger

9 hours ago, Shagger said:

Having said that, @Kane99, a video game based on a movie based on a game is a concept that's been done before with predictively has results. Did you know their is a Street Fighter: The Movie, the game? It was basically a clone of Street Fighter 2, except the character models were replaced with digitised models of the actors from the film.

Yup, I'm aware of the Street Fighter movie game. I've seen a few videos of it. Surprisingly it's not a bad game from what I hear, as like you said, it's just Street fighter 2 with the movie characters instead. 😄 

On 2/22/2021 at 4:40 AM, Shagger said:

Calm down. Just because a game includes skins and/or aesthetic options and touches from a movie, especially when that movie is based on the game to begin with, it doesn't make it a movie based based game, and even if it did, it doesn't spell doom for game.

You kinda just said what I said earlier - games based on movies usually come out extremely poor. As I previously said, I don't mind the character skins from the MK movie characters as some kind of DLC content.

On 2/19/2021 at 11:48 PM, Kane99 said:

The new Mortal Kombat trailer dropped the other day, and it looks pretty good to me. With that being said, do you think that MK11 will come out with some new character skins to match the look of the movie versions? I think they already did that for the original films, so I could see them doing it with the new movie. What do you guys think? 

Would be crazy if they made a game based off of the movie. I've seen it done before lol. 

It's actually out already and what you saw with what they did was it among your expectations from the game? It's actually what I saw coming to be frank.