Register Now
StaceyPowers

Tedious things you do as a completionist

For me it’s getting all the hides required for the Legend Of The East satchel in RDR2. I just got the last one I needed a few minutes ago. The hides all have to be of perfect quality, and I have been trying for over a month to get a perfect squirrel. 

Finding all the animals to fill up the compendium can be a major pain in the ass too. All you have to do is study it through your binoculars, or kill it and collect the carcass to get it entered, but just doing one of them doesn’t finish the entry.

28 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

For me it’s getting all the hides required for the Legend Of The East satchel in RDR2. I just got the last one I needed a few minutes ago. The hides all have to be of perfect quality, and I have been trying for over a month to get a perfect squirrel. 

Finding all the animals to fill up the compendium can be a major pain in the ass too. All you have to do is study it through your binoculars, or kill it and collect the carcass to get it entered, but just doing one of them doesn’t finish the entry.

I've had a hard time in that game trying to get a perfect hide. I know you need diff weapons for diff hides. I think I got only one perfect hide once; that was back in my gun slinging days. 😄

1 hour ago, StaceyPowers said:

What is a tedious thing that bores or annoys you that you just can’t help doing anyway as a completionist? For me, it’s exploring every square inch of every Oblivion gate I enter in Oblivion.

I feel like I explore a bit much too. I'm trying to balance the times I explore every square inch, or simply wander. I get immersed more when I wander w/o crazily looking for items. I can always go back; but at this moment, I'm gonna take it all in as if I was there.

2 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I've had a hard time in that game trying to get a perfect hide. I know you need diff weapons for diff hides. I think I got only one perfect hide once; that was back in my gun slinging days. 😄

It’s not usually a problem. Just study an animal once through your binoculars, and after that when you aim or use your binoculars again it will tell you if the animal is poor, good, or perfect. If you want to make sure it stays perfect, use your scope and take a head or neck shot. Those tend to take it down with one bullet. Depending on what rifle and kind of ammo you’re using. I use a Springfield and load it with express bullets. They’re the strongest kind of ammo you can buy. You can craft different kinds of ammo if you have the recipes and ingredients. I’ve never really used any except split point. Use your varmint rifle for everything smaller than a fox. It also works fine for all birds. But once you start going for foxes and bigger, you need a proper rifle. If you prefer, you can use a repeater, but they don’t carry near as much power as rifles do. The only advantage I can find with a repeater is that they have a faster fire rate. But in this game, I’m happy to sacrifice fire speed for fire power.

18 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I feel like I explore a bit much too. I'm trying to balance the times I explore every square inch, or simply wander. I get immersed more when I wander w/o crazily looking for items. I can always go back; but at this moment, I'm gonna take it all in as if I was there.

I am so OCD that is how I take it in as if I were there =D

On 3/16/2021 at 6:06 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

Out of curiosity, I also tend to wander around like some kind of tour guide. I always explore every corner of an area I visit so I tend to spend hours just taking note of the surroundings.

Just now, killamch89 said:

Out of curiosity, I also tend to wander around like some kind of tour guide. I always explore every corner of an area I visit so I tend to spend hours just taking note of the surroundings.

Haha; like a tour guide; I feel like the stupid tourist stopping to take pictures everywhere. 

On 3/31/2021 at 9:32 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

🤣🤣😂😅😄😂😂

Dodge dodge, look at me!!! 

PIC

Dodge dodge, I'm swinging my axe

PIC

Wait wait, fight me over here

PIC

Then you get mad when he actually kills you 😹 

On 3/25/2021 at 3:48 PM, killamch89 said:

This is actually something that I casually do even when there is no need for it, I seem to have a thing to be extra meticulous with every spot.