Register Now
StaceyPowers

Hardest/most annoying thing you do in the name of staying in character?

Going along with some of the dumbass ideas my gang members come up with. Most are completely moronic. Some of the shit they come up with makes me think they have been chewing a bit too much cocaine gum. For every penny I make, I get shot twice in the getaway. Hello people, WTF? My ass can only hold so many bullets.

Another is any time I come up on an O'Driscoll camp or Lemoyne Raider came I head to it and kill them all. Then I loot their bodies and camp, and go about my way. There's an infinite number of the bastards, so there's no shortage of camps to tear down. They also reuse campsites. The only downside to that is that once you have looted a campsite, it stays looted. The assholes there are ripe for looting, but the campsite itself is empty unless you missed something previously.

i'd not say it's hard or annoying, but in some games for sake of immersion i'll not run everywhere like a lunatic but actually use walk where appropriate.

Another habit i acquired is not looting houses, even if the game does not consider it thieving. i1l only collect fair game, like loot off of enemies who attacked me, or locations that are hostile towards me.

On 3/23/2021 at 7:53 PM, killamch89 said:

To be honest, I've done that with a few characters myself...for a couple of minute until I get bored and start running again. It's so tedious lol.

Seriously, it's not really fun to do that because in the end, you will definitely end up giving up and finding the next alternative. 

49 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, it's not really fun to do that because in the end, you will definitely end up giving up and finding the next alternative. 

Seriously - I've even chosen abilities that aren't very useful just to stay in character making a game unnecessarily harder for myself. However, I still finished the game so it wasn't a big deal.

18 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Seriously - I've even chosen abilities that aren't very useful just to stay in character making a game unnecessarily harder for myself. However, I still finished the game so it wasn't a big deal.

I believe that really sucked being forced to do something that would really aid you at all. In such situations, I couldn't wait to finish the game and take a break.