Register Now
Patrik

PS3/PSP & PSVita store will be down in July 2021

18 hours ago, killamch89 said:

And in another update, it seems that PS Vita Devs are angry at Sony and rightfully so because they weren't aware of the shutdown until they heard it like the rest of us. That's pretty poor from Sony if you ask me.

from what i understood from the thumbnail, they canceled games? for the PS Vita even in 2021? seems nice & bad at the same time, nice because people are still interested, and bad because those games will probably never make it to existence...

And the gaming industry wants us to feel bad for emulating games. If I could go out right now and drop a few hundred bucks on an NES and an SNES and a bunch of games, I freaking would. Going to make unhappy people since they have clocked in hundreds of hours into psp, I am honestly really angered by this. There are masterpiece games on that console and they deserve to be preserved.

The best joke is that Sony has a PS5 based on digital only games, but the online stores closing is enough reason why physical copies should be kept and distributed. Unfortunately, we will probably see this again in about 10y with the current gen.....

16 hours ago, Empire said:

And the gaming industry wants us to feel bad for emulating games. If I could go out right now and drop a few hundred bucks on an NES and an SNES and a bunch of games, I freaking would. Going to make unhappy people since they have clocked in hundreds of hours into psp, I am honestly really angered by this. There are masterpiece games on that console and they deserve to be preserved.

The best joke is that Sony has a PS5 based on digital only games, but the online stores closing is enough reason why physical copies should be kept and distributed. Unfortunately, we will probably see this again in about 10y with the current gen.....

I totally agree - why would you sell a digital only version of a console if they'll probably do the same thing 10 years from now? Xbox on the other hand, has been adding backwards compatibility to more games. I can't fault people for using emulators because of the practices of Sony and Nintendo.

On 4/9/2021 at 11:35 PM, skyfire said:

Sad to see the old go. But that is how the life works I suppose. And nothing can be done about it. A lot of time the thing is that no company thinks about any solution before closing their products. 

You're right - most companies can't be bothered to support older platforms because they're always trying to bring in new customers so the couldn't care less about appeasing to fans who are already loyal.