Register Now
StaceyPowers

What FPS franchise do you want to see make a comeback?

Heretic is always the first to come to my mind when this question is raised.

The other game that could make a comeback is Soldier of Fortune, of course the purists would have a heart attack. But you might already know my stance on gore: the more realistic the less harmful.

And of course Unreal should really make a comeback, people always talk about how Valve can't count to 3, but I didn't see an Unreal 3, did you? And quite frankly I'd be twice as excited for an Unreal 3 than a Half Life 3, I might even temporarily suspend my boycott of the epic store if they made an Unreal 3.

6 hours ago, m76 said:

Heretic is always the first to come to my mind when this question is raised.

The other game that could make a comeback is Soldier of Fortune, of course the purists would have a heart attack. But you might already know my stance on gore: the more realistic the less harmful.

And of course Unreal should really make a comeback, people always talk about how Valve can't count to 3, but I didn't see an Unreal 3, did you? And quite frankly I'd be twice as excited for an Unreal 3 than a Half Life 3, I might even temporarily suspend my boycott of the epic store if they made an Unreal 3.

Unreal 3 would really get me excited as well or another Quake Arena! I'd also look forward to another Delta Force: Black Hawk sequel which I feel was a very underrated FPS.

On 3/23/2021 at 10:56 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Are there any old FPS games/franchises you think should be rebooted? I was thinking for example of the old Hexen/Heretic games, but I believe the rights for those are under dispute.

If you think about games that you would actually want to make a comeback and Heretic games aren't among or that you don't even know about them, you haven't really played enough games because those games were awesome.