Register Now
killamch89

Apple Fined $2M By Brazil Regulators For Not Including Chargers In Iphone 12 Boxes

On 5/13/2021 at 8:53 PM, lludawg said:

I recently got an iPhone 11 and it did not include a charging plug. At first I was confused but then I realized I already had a couple others so it was no problem haha. Some of my friends use wireless chargers so they have no need for these extra chargers. I can see how it would be annoying though if this was your first phone and you have to buy a charger as an extra expense.

Its not just apple even the android phone companies are going to follow suit. so things are going to be hard from this point onwards. 

On 2/14/2022 at 4:47 PM, Heatman said:

But seriously, that's an act of stupidity because I believe that there are supervisors who are supposed to make sure everything was in order before shipping. 

No. Apple has officially stopped selling the charger with the box. New change they call it feature lol.

Apple is dumb, not the brazil police. Apple is being greedy by selling the charger separate.

1 hour ago, skyfire said:

No. Apple has officially stopped selling the charger with the box. New change they call it feature lol.

Apple is dumb, not the brazil police. Apple is being greedy by selling the charger separate.

Seriously, that's the height of it. How can you sell an awfully expensive phone without its charger? Like how's that sane? 

1 hour ago, skyfire said:

Yes they want to disassemble the part which they can make costly and sell outside the box, they did with charger, they also made the special connector for both USB and audio port too.

They are one of the most greedy smartphone companies I have ever seen in the past years. 

On 4/7/2021 at 6:28 PM, killamch89 said:

Most of us knew that " we left out the charger for the environment" argument was always BS. As you stated, they'll need to package those chargers in a separate box for shipping which in turn, creates more waste for the environment with the additional boxes. The reason I applauded this is due to the fact that most other major phone manufacturers have jumped on this bandwagon too and I want to see those companies get fined as well.

Breaking some rules and agreements ain't that nice with me when it comes to these big companies. Yeah, some homes can easily get an alternative charger, but intentionally not putting one means they deserve every hit that they get from it. I'm never sorry for them.

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

They've seen what it means not to chase after personal derivatives which is a pain in the ass for others. They lost even more than what they omitted from their smart phone, bizarre. 

To be very honest with you, that money they paid ain't going to be very hard on them because they make 100x of it.

14 hours ago, Heatman said:

To be very honest with you, that money they paid ain't going to be very hard on them because they make 100x of it.

I understand, but still when a company loses such kind of amount of money is a pain in the ass for them, no matter what. 

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I understand, but still when a company loses such kind of amount of money is a pain in the ass for them, no matter what. 

Look at how Capcom have been losing money over the past few years on copyright lawsuit. Have they actually stopped doing it?