Register Now
skyfire

Razer Blade Pro 17 RTX 3060 QHD Laptop

So if you have £2,199.95 then you can get this laptop, I mean get more high specs for a desktop for that 😛 Then again you do pay for the brand name then anything else and the fact that RTX 3060 is not easy to get hold off even for Laptop GPUs

This thing is ridiculous because;

1. QHD (4K) on a laptop is pointless. Even at 17in the screen is to small to benefit much from such a high resolution. The only purpose is to add to the price and temp fools who don't understand tech all that well. If if there was a good reason to have a 4K gaming laptop... 
  2. ... the 3060 is not the GPU for the job. You just cannot expect that card to run demanding games at 4K without compromise. 
  3. I've seen laptops with a GTX 3070 GPU for less money. You pay that price to satisfy the arrogance of the Razer name, and that name doesn't even deserve to think that much of itself. 

20 minutes ago, m76 said:

QHD is not 4K. It's 2560x1440. So you can reasonably expect most games to run well at that resolution with a 3060.

Otherwise I agree, that a fullHD screen is sufficient for a 17".

Yeah, the QHD thing is a bit confusing.  I think they are doing it on purpose for marketing.  They are just letting people who are less informed think it's 4K or at least higher than 2K and that pisses me off.

I'm not really impressed with the product either, at that price it should have a 3070 or 3080 in it.  The 3060 is mid range.

Edited by Crazycrab

2 hours ago, m76 said:

QHD is not 4K. It's 2560x1440. So you can reasonably expect most games to run well at that resolution with a 3060.

Otherwise I agree, that a fullHD screen is sufficient for a 17".

My bad, thanks for the correction. 

13 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

I'm not really impressed with the product either, at that price it should have a 3070 or 3080 in it.  The 3060 is mid range.

With current availabiliyt even a 1660 is considered hiend. Because that's the highest end you might be able to purchase at triple the normal price.

18 hours ago, Empire said:

So if you have £2,199.95 then you can get this laptop, I mean get more high specs for a desktop for that

Not everyone wants or needs desktop. people who have jobs that require them to handle laptops will go for laptop. so always going against gaming laptop with comparison of desktop is not only naive but poor argument.