Register Now
killamch89

Sony No Longer Closing PS3/Vita Stores As Jim Ryan Admits That "They made the wrong decision"

I’m sure after announcing they were closing the stores their was a surge in purchases that caused them to reconsider their decision that and the immediate public backlash. If Sony was going to close their online store at least make the deadline a year away instead of a few months.

On 6/28/2021 at 5:48 AM, Empire said:

I’m sure after announcing they were closing the stores their was a surge in purchases that caused them to reconsider their decision that and the immediate public backlash. If Sony was going to close their online store at least make the deadline a year away instead of a few months.

Exactly and the worst part is - most of these roms are hard to get through legal means which made the decision to do this all the more bizarre.

On 7/9/2021 at 12:43 AM, skyfire said:

I am not sure if the store still makes money. the developer SDK must have been stopped working with lack of test devices but old games must be uploaded that is all. 

No, there are developers who still make games for the Vita store and there are still a good number of PS Vita owners so shutting it down is a bad idea. Plus, this is the only way most of those people get these roms.

On 4/19/2021 at 10:13 PM, killamch89 said:

After the backlash Sony has gotten over announcing closure of the PS3 and Vita stores recently, Sony has decided to reverse that decision as they admit to making the wrong decision. I couldn't care less for their half hearted apology as this shows us what Sony's real aim is. What are your thoughts about this?

At least, they got to know that they were in the wrong and reversed their decision. Gamers have been fed up with what's been going on for long.