Register Now
StaceyPowers

Game characters who give us great examples of how to live

I would say Charles, Sadie, and Arthur in RDR2. Charles because he is able to keep his head, puts out a commanding aura when he needs, and does what needs to be done when it needs to be done. He doesn't get all hopped up over everything.

Arthur because he is a no bullshit kind of outlaw. When something isn't right, he makes it right by whatever means necessary. He'll kill you and think nothing of it if he deems it necessary. He kills in anger. He kills enemy gang members just for fun. And he can read the writing on the wall, when others can't even see it.

Sadie because she can get places that men can't. She can come across in the beginning as the demure little housewife, but the moment you let your guard down around her, you're going to end up as female as she is. You won't even know she cut your dick and balls off until after she shot you and the blood is flying. She won't tolerate belligerence towards those she cares about in the slightest way. When you're around people she loves, your life can literally be on the line, so you better at the very least be civil and cordial.

How about I go with a different post here. Jack from Harvest Moon (going for the one on the 64 and Back to Nature on the PS1). Bringing his grandfather's farm back to life and flourishing with animals and produce. Gives business to the community, makes relationships with neighbors. Eventually gets married and has children to help him with on his farm. Not to mention having the local spirits and gnomes befriend him for his good work for nature. 

Pete_holding_dog_(BTN).jpg

On 4/24/2021 at 12:58 AM, StaceyPowers said:

What are some game characters that you feel exemplify good ways to live or interact? Like for example, I admire Thane in Mass Effect 2/3, because of the grace and kindness he brings even to battlefields.

He'll say a prayer for you after he kills you. As an atheist I take that as an insult.

2 hours ago, DarthVanity said:

How about I go with a different post here. Jack from Harvest Moon (going for the one on the 64 and Back to Nature on the PS1). Bringing his grandfather's farm back to life and flourishing with animals and produce. Gives business to the community, makes relationships with neighbors. Eventually gets married and has children to help him with on his farm. Not to mention having the local spirits and gnomes befriend him for his good work for nature. 

Pete_holding_dog_(BTN).jpg

That's a very good example of helping to build the community.

On 4/23/2021 at 11:58 PM, StaceyPowers said:

What are some game characters that you feel exemplify good ways to live or interact? Like for example, I admire Thane in Mass Effect 2/3, because of the grace and kindness he brings even to battlefields.

There is actually nothing wrong with loving the character of a villain right because my favorite character I actually loved everything about him is Sephiroth who really defined how a real villain should be by even killing the main character. sephiroth-1594326836.jpg.75411272232b1d94b979ff3b705a3d33.jpg