Register Now
Patrik

Games that never died

I'm actually impressed about how people are still playing GTA SA and discovering small unnoticeable details in the game even if the game is atleast 16 years old now!!

what other games that seem to be still having a life even after a long time of their release?

23 hours ago, killamch89 said:
  • GTA V

it's pretty impressive that it's still receiving massive updates even after 8 years of its release and was released for 3 generations consoles!

2 hours ago, Patrik said:

it's pretty impressive that it's still receiving massive updates even after 8 years of its release and was released for 3 generations consoles!

I know right? The online issue I have with it is that they're only adding to the online component. I want them to provide constant updates for GTA 6 when it eventually comes out.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I know right? The online issue I have with it is that they're only adding to the online component. I want them to provide constant updates for GTA 6 when it eventually comes out.

i don't think that any company will keep updating its offline game's content (except patches as bug fixes)

That's a hard one for me. Being an almost exclusively classic gamer, I really don't know. Very few people still play an NES or SNES. The vast majority of gamers today have never actually seen one in person, let alone played one. The flashback shit doesn't count. I could easily point to a franchise or two, but that's not what the question was. But from outside observation, I would have to say the earlier GTA like San Andreas. Was that before or after GTA IV? Or was there no GTA titled GTA IV? They have released so many variations of the titles that I just can't keep up with it. Games that I hold no interest in typically end up in that bucket. I doubt remakes/remasters and ports are viable answers, as they spring up a whole new audience, which often includes people who had no knowledge of the initial release of said game. FF8 for example was released before many of the members here were even born. They may have never heard of it until the remaster was released.

I think I'm rambling again, so I'll stop now.

11 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Was that before or after GTA IV?

before GTA IV, exactly 4 years before its release. also, there are some classic titles that are still being played and streamed by speedruners as they are trying day by day to break each others world records, which is pretty nice

I've seen that, but I don't really count those as being games that never died. That's a whole different category. People playing Zelda Ocarina with never collecting a single rupee, or getting through the first Zelda without a sword. Others going through Zelda A Link To The Past in under 5 minutes. Sorry about only listing Zelda games, they're just the only ones I could think of at the moment for, IMO, "Weird" play through ideas.

When I read the tile there are games that are still alive to this day and being supported. Not just the GTA series that will shell always be famous and most played games of all time, GTA5/FiveM is just massive. I'm talking about games like battlefield two 🙂 that I still play to this day, released back in 2005 and as of today people still play online.

CSGO is not dead, minecraft is always big since 2011. 

On 5/1/2021 at 6:40 PM, Patrik said:

i don't think that any company will keep updating its offline game's content (except patches as bug fixes)

Well, Rockstar had promised to do just that when GTA 6 is released so we'll see if they can live up to that promise. 

10 hours ago, Empire said:

When I read the tile there are games that are still alive to this day and being supported. Not just the GTA series that will shell always be famous and most played games of all time, GTA5/FiveM is just massive. I'm talking about games like battlefield two 🙂 that I still play to this day, released back in 2005 and as of today people still play online.

CSGO is not dead, minecraft is always big since 2011. 

Actually, Minecraft was big since 2009 and shows no signs of slowing down either (although I don't like it that much). I'll get into FiveM within a couple of months and start streaming once a week so we'll see how that goes.

14 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Actually, Minecraft was big since 2009 and shows no signs of slowing down either (although I don't like it that much). I'll get into FiveM within a couple of months and start streaming once a week so we'll see how that goes.

Won't slow down, then again GTA and also FIveM will just get bigger and bigger, already on the tope 5 games on steam for the best played amount of games

6 hours ago, Empire said:

Won't slow down, then again GTA and also FIveM will just get bigger and bigger, already on the tope 5 games on steam for the best played amount of games

I haven't even thought of what kind of scenarios I'm going to roleplay in FiveM. I have some pretty wild ideas but I'll need a server that can accommodate that kind of insanity.

6 hours ago, Empire said:

already on the tope 5 games on steam for the best played amount of games

that's only on steam, remember that the premium edition of the game was given for free on epic games, which means lot of players there as an addition to the players on steam

15 hours ago, Patrik said:

that's only on steam, remember that the premium edition of the game was given for free on epic games, which means lot of players there as an addition to the players on steam

FiveM isn't on epic, but it's on steam as it's listed. If you look at the tope 5 games on steam of how many players it get 😉