Register Now
killamch89

This is Just Sad - Why Do This To Crash Bandicoot Activision?!

It seems that the Devs from Toys For Bob studio - the creators of the Crash Bandicoot series, have been given the task of helping out with COD Warzone. You just know that Crash Bandicoot will never make another appearance again and the studio will probably be destroyed in a few years. This is incredibly sad - what are your thoughts about this?

Slight correction, Toys for Bob aren't the creators of the Crash Bandicoot games. That honour goes to Naughty Dog, and he's had numerous developers since (Travellers' Tales, Vicarious Visions, and others). They are however responsible for Skylanders, interchanging with Vicarious Visions each year so it could be a yearly-released franchise, and the latest Crash game. I imagine with Toys for Bob helping with Warzone, VV will be making the next Crash Bandicoot game. This is quite common for the two studios (and recently Beenox, which used to be a porting house) - one is at the helm and the other supervises. Even then I still prefer Toys for Bob; the last good Crash game Vicarious Visions did was on the Game Boy Advance (unless you count the Toys for Bob made Skylanders: Imaginators' adventure pack, Thumpin' Wumpa Islands, made by VV.)

Edited by Withywarlock

Absolute shame. They made some of the few Activision games that felt genuinely made with heart, creativity, and care. They managed to make the Spyro remake in such a way that it felt like how I remember it feeling and looking as a child. They've got some really talented people there, and it's a pity to see them shoved into the CoD mines like this.

On 5/5/2021 at 2:25 AM, Withywarlock said:

Slight correction, Toys for Bob aren't the creators of the Crash Bandicoot games. That honour goes to Naughty Dog, and he's had numerous developers since (Travellers' Tales, Vicarious Visions, and others). They are however responsible for Skylanders, interchanging with Vicarious Visions each year so it could be a yearly-released franchise, and the latest Crash game. I imagine with Toys for Bob helping with Warzone, VV will be making the next Crash Bandicoot game. This is quite common for the two studios (and recently Beenox, which used to be a porting house) - one is at the helm and the other supervises. Even then I still prefer Toys for Bob; the last good Crash game Vicarious Visions did was on the Game Boy Advance (unless you count the Toys for Bob made Skylanders: Imaginators' adventure pack, Thumpin' Wumpa Islands, made by VV.)

My bad - thanks for reminding me that Naughty Dog created Crash Bandicoot.

15 hours ago, skyfire said:

And they recently said that they are investing into tournament, battle royale and the FPS content heavily. So crash bandicoot may crash in near future. 

It's more or less already dead and Activision would make a cash-grab anyways.

10 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It's more or less already dead and Activision would make a cash-grab anyways.

Yeah though activision has done the graphics wise a lot better than PUBG too. So I'd say that they do have some content and value for pulling things off properly. 

I just saw that the mobile Crash Bandicoot game got released! Saw a streamer play it and it looks fun but nothing like the original console version. One of my favourite childhood games that's for sure.

22 hours ago, lludawg said:

I just saw that the mobile Crash Bandicoot game got released! Saw a streamer play it and it looks fun but nothing like the original console version. One of my favourite childhood games that's for sure.

Most companies have jumped on the mobile game bandwagon nowadays and it's sad because they already make enough money. The mobile industry is just an absolute cesspool - it's even worse than the Console and PC gaming industry combined. That's were the worst microtransaction systems known to man are implemented and the worst part is, it completely goes under the radar. Nobody says anything about it - at all...

On 5/16/2021 at 8:36 AM, lludawg said:

Mobile version has been pumping out normal and have slow progress every now and then if you ask me. just not that much regular with the other versions. 

8 hours ago, skyfire said:

Mobile version has been pumping out normal and have slow progress every now and then if you ask me. just not that much regular with the other versions. 

In addition to that, mobile games are full of the worse MTX systems known to man and I can't wait for the legislation to handle these kinds of things to take effect. It's really out of hand in the mobile space.

15 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yeah there is only leagal part that can take care of it. I don't see them removing it any other way. In fact it woould get worse on that part. 

The only way they can top those systems is if mobile games start charging you just to download them and start charging for extremely basic stuff like entering the main menu and clicking on an icon in the app. They've pretty much done everything else...