Register Now
StaceyPowers

What games do you feel don’t respect your time?

Games that don't let you skip the company logos on startup even after the nth time of running the game.

Games that don't let you into the main menu on first start before playing through some introductory gameplay sequence, which chances are will run at the wrong resolution or the controls won't be set up as I like it, so it is an utter waste of time as I'll have to re-start the game anyway with the proper settings.

Games that have their checkpoints before unskippable cutscenes or conversations. Forcing you to re-watch them each time you retry a particular segment of the game.

2 hours ago, m76 said:

Games that don't let you skip the company logos on startup even after the nth time of running the game.

Games that don't let you into the main menu on first start before playing through some introductory gameplay sequence, which chances are will run at the wrong resolution or the controls won't be set up as I like it, so it is an utter waste of time as I'll have to re-start the game anyway with the proper settings.

Games that have their checkpoints before unskippable cutscenes or conversations. Forcing you to re-watch them each time you retry a particular segment of the game.

That would put FF8 on the list then.

Older games are like that, but I do not like games that just crash on you that you know it will crash on you as they have been no fix for it. With newer content you can always edit the game files to skip the starting of the game titles 😛 

Initially I hated Skyrim due to it crashing 15 minutes into my first ever playthrough. I had gotten to that first village, and suddenly the screen started pulsing in and out, and the camera was slowly spinning in a circle. I couldn't do a damn thing except start everything over. But it was on PS3, so according to what everyone here said, that was likely the problem. Apparently the PS3 copy had more bugs than an anthill, and was notorious for crashing.

On 5/5/2021 at 11:58 AM, Empire said:

Older games are like that, but I do not like games that just crash on you that you know it will crash on you as they have been no fix for it. With newer content you can always edit the game files to skip the starting of the game titles 😛 

Those crashes would basically be down to bugs. If there are any ways to work around those bugs and get ahead, I'm definitely taking it 😂