Register Now
Knight Plug

Resident Evil 9 may as well feature Bigfoot and/or aliens. LOL.

Well, if you were in charge of developing RE9 starring Rosemary Winters (perhaps), what enemies would you be likely to want to have included? Aliens? Mummies? Dinosaurs? 

:)

The reviews are now in, for RE8 aka Village. Now as I so often like to say, it's a good enough horror game in general. But is it really supposed to be RE? Nah. I guess it's an odd fit.

The reason I asked this though, is because I think the entire series makes no sense any longer, when it comes to the enemy types. We may as well have fun and get creative. LMAO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsi5RjXWuq4

I'd take a hell spawn or something like that - all we have are people being infected with viruses. For once, I'd like it to take a bit of a dive into the evil spirits path although Aliens would be a nice touch in the RE universe. I mean it makes much more sense because with the zombies everywhere, humans would be too distracted to realize that Aliens are amongst them.

RE7 did a great job of the monsters, especially the ones that looked human. There is something really terrifying about that. I think they should keep them looking human for the most part, but maybe possessed or aliens that look human. If they get carried away with monsters that don't look human at all, then that loses fear factor for me. 

Oh, man. All jokes aside, I want to talk about RE8 for a bit...

Today, I watched somebody playing the game for about one hour. And I swear, it's literally not even really like any Resident Evil game of the past at all. In fact, there's hardly any link to RE7 either, despite the fact that Ethan Winters is the main character, and his wife returns, and obviously Chris Redfield is shoehorned in again. They never explain bugger all about the story. You just like, play through the adventure, and it's hard to understand any of it. 

The dialogue is like, so bad. I know that's something the series is pretty much renowned for, but it's not even done in a good way like the original game is. It's just flat out bad. And the enemies are like, some of the weirdest antagonists ever, in a Tim Burton wannabe game. Like, if you thought Alexia Ashford was a strange villain, wait until you see the roster of enemies this game has to offer you. It's hard to stomach.

On 5/5/2021 at 11:24 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

RE7 did a great job of the monsters, especially the ones that looked human. There is something really terrifying about that. I think they should keep them looking human for the most part, but maybe possessed or aliens that look human. If they get carried away with monsters that don't look human at all, then that loses fear factor for me. 

Seriously, you have a very good point with the analysis of how the monsters in RE7 looked and it's actually something that's worth maintaining.