Register Now
killamch89

PS5s Will Be Hard To Find Even Through 2022 Due To Low Supply and High Demand Says Sony

On 7/25/2021 at 2:50 AM, Demon_skeith said:

Sad as this is, I'm starting to see a few articles pop up saying it might be hard to find in 2023 as the CPU shortage continues. Really bad time to be making anything tech related.

To be honest, the PS5 situation has become way better than last year because I'm seeing more and more PS5s being available at MSRP on some retailer sites. 

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

To be honest, the PS5 situation has become way better than last year because I'm seeing more and more PS5s being available at MSRP on some retailer sites. 

Either that was luck you saw them for sale or the bots that had been buying them up are glitching lol. 

19 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

Either that was luck you saw them for sale or the bots that had been buying them up are glitching lol. 

As a matter of fact, people such as @StaceyPowers got one recently and a few of my friends also got theirs in the last month so the supply is starting to normalize somewhat.

15 hours ago, skyfire said:

I am thinking current semiconductor issues would be hurting the console, laptops, most of the computer hardware badly. price rise is eventually going to happen. 

The price is already way over msrp for computer hardware especially graphics cards and processors. Laptops have been largely unaffected by this and consoles are doing much better now overall.

16 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

Nice, I'm sure it helps if the area you're in isn't a high traffic one (a city vs a small town). 

I'm not so sure because smaller towns tend to have limited supplies of tech related products especially recent stuff.

On 5/12/2021 at 1:19 AM, killamch89 said:

I think this shouldn't be much of a surprise to almost anyone because of the component shortages worldwide so most electronic companies are struggling to meet the amount of demand for their products. What do you think of Sony's latest revelation? 

Well, for the fact that it's actually still very costly with the high demand and low supply is definitely still going to make it difficult to be available always.