Register Now
killamch89

Have You Ever Had To Stop Playing A Game Because It's Too Scary

I for one, can say that I've had to do this with Alien Isolation - I literally have to stop at certain points in the game just to recuperate. If I feel anything remotely rub against me, I quickly turn on the lights 🤣. RE 7 is also in this category - as a matter of fact, I'd say in some ways it's even worse. The limited ammo and health packs makes the game even scarier because you have to be smart about how you engage the Parkers. I'd like to hear about your experiences as well so post them down below.

1 hour ago, m76 said:

Alien Isolation for sure. No other game comes close in terms of terror. It has both the most scary enemy and the most creepy ones.  The alien is sheer terror, the working joes are dread. 

The scariest part about the Aliens is that they learn your habits so you have to constantly change strategies in order to deal with them.

3 hours ago, Patrik said:

that's me skipping outlast ;) even if it's a very good game, massive "jumpscares" isn't my best hobby

Resident Evil has plenty of those as well although I do admit that Outlast does it extremely well...

Not really, but then again time gets away and ahve to end 😛 Halo 3, the mission when you board High Charity to find Cortana. I was about 8 at the time, and playing alone late at night so it was pitch black, the jump scares proved too much for me about halfway through.

8 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Resident Evil has plenty of those as well although I do admit that Outlast does it extremely well...

speaking of Resident Evil, the chainsaw guy was the one who's always getting me no matter how much i predict his location LOL, the guy cuts your head after appearing out of nowhere

1 hour ago, Patrik said:

speaking of Resident Evil, the chainsaw guy was the one who's always getting me no matter how much i predict his location LOL, the guy cuts your head after appearing out of nowhere

You mean the one from Resident Evil 4, 5 or the one in Resident Evil 7 - Chainsaw Jack?

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The scariest part about the Aliens is that they learn your habits so you have to constantly change strategies in order to deal with them.

I'd say that's more amazing than scary. And it is testament to why the game has the best AI among horror games as well.

On 5/22/2021 at 4:26 AM, m76 said:

I'd say that's more amazing than scary. And it is testament to why the game has the best AI among horror games as well.

I agree - more horror games need to follow their example as most enemies in some other horror games are as brain dead as they come.

On 5/22/2021 at 9:35 AM, Patrik said:

the one in Resident Evil 4 that hides mostly in the villages cabins

Yeah, if I remember correctly his name was Chainsaw Man?

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

Yeah, if I remember correctly his name was Chainsaw Man?

don't know honestly, i never cared about the zombies names there since they were screaming in spanish mostly lol

17 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I would love to find a game that would make me quit due to fear. But at this point of my life, I really fear nothing anymore except total immobility.

do jumpscares mean nothing to you?

11 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Not a damn thing. They don’t have any effect on me.

🥱

Well, it's pretty much the same here, but there is a reason for that, a medical one :(