Register Now
killamch89

What quote or saying do people spout but is complete BS?

The one that gets me is "Love will find a way to make things work" because it takes far more than that to make a relationship work and both parties have to be equally committed to working through the issues. What quote or saying do people spout but is complete BS?

Whenever someone mentions 'The customer is always right', someone will pop up to say that actually it doesn't mean what people think it does, that in fact it's referring to the idea that market forces should direct your decisions. If you set up a hamburger stall but the customers only want to eat pizza, they're not the ones who are wrong, you are. In fact, the customer is pretty much always wrong.

One that always got me was someone saying "It's not the worst thing in the world" when you're facing a personal crisis. I say "You're right. It's not the worst thing in the wrold. BUT IT'S THE WORST THING IN MY FUCKING WORLD RIGHT GOD DAMN NOW!"

Telling someone that is actually a toxic statement that will only make things worse. It's saying they're overreacting which will make them feel guilty and that their emotions are invalid. It only harms someone to tell them that.

9 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

"Sticks out like a sore thumb", has anyone seen a sore thumb that sticks out?

lol - I spat out the water I was drinking just now.

8 hours ago, Shagger said:

"You always find it the last place you look." Not me. After I find something I keep looking for it anyway.

It's happened to me before where I'm looking for my phone and it's in my hand 🤣

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

"Hey @Shagger did you find your wallet yet?"

"Yeah, but I'm still looking for it!"

🙄

Have done that on a few occasions - it was hella funny.