Register Now
Lämmchen

Sports played when younger?

What sports did you play when you were younger? Were you good enough to get scholarships?

I wasn't very sports oriented except I loved doing tumbling and acrobats. I spent hours doing kartwheels! The other thing I liked was Badminton and sometimes playing different types of tag games. Beyond that, I was a lazy child.

I played basketball and soccer. When I was little (like 8 years old) I played soccer in the city league. I also played basketball in the city league then played it in high school until I dropped out in my junior year. I moved and changed school districts between 7th and 8th grade. But the football coach in the previous district desperately wanted me to play football when I got to HS, because I could throw a football almost the entire field. he said he wanted me as quarterback. I told him I didn't know anything about football and wasn't really interested. He said he would personally teach me the game. I still don't know anything about football. I watch the super bowl, but that's just for the commercials. The best ones always air for the first time during the super bowl.

One that I forgot to mention was that I was a pro-am snowboarder in my teenage years. I miss the hell out of it, but I'm still as passionate about it as I ever was. I have probably a dozen different snowboarding games spanning several different systems. It's the one and only single good memory that I have from when I was younger.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 7/14/2021 at 6:17 PM, The Blackangel said:

One that I forgot to mention was that I was a pro-am snowboarder in my teenage years. I miss the hell out of it, but I'm still as passionate about it as I ever was. I have probably a dozen different snowboarding games spanning several different systems. It's the one and only single good memory that I have from when I was younger.

Yeah, you have mentioned that a good amount of times on the forum. I have done snowboarding before but it was only when I visited the US in December. I'd probably want to try it again in Switzerland or even the mountains in Chile - I heard those spots are great as well.

Nepal is better than China. The laws are more lax, and the slopes are better. They have all skill level slopes, from beginner to professional. It's been a popular spot for snowboarding for years, because the Himalayas tend to have snow all year round. Go to first base camp on Everest and maybe 100 feet uphill from it to try some basic snowboarding. That's a good spot for beginners. You don't have to worry about the snow melting, and you don't have to worry about if you bungle. The snow will break your fall. But if you're a beginner, don't go more than 100' from camp. Anymore than that, and you're climbing Everest. You'll see people of more advanced skill levels there snowboarding from higher elevations and distances. But they are experienced and know what to do.

If you're afraid to do Everest (I sure as hell am) there are other mountains that aren't as treacherous in the Himalayas, but still snow covered all year that you can do. Also you don't have to deal with nearly as many vacationing skiers with a superiority complex over snowboarders as you will in Switzerland.

So personally I would recommend Nepal over Switzerland, but the choice is ultimately yours.

On 7/25/2021 at 10:31 AM, The Blackangel said:

Nepal is better than China. The laws are more lax, and the slopes are better. They have all skill level slopes, from beginner to professional. It's been a popular spot for snowboarding for years, because the Himalayas tend to have snow all year round. Go to first base camp on Everest and maybe 100 feet uphill from it to try some basic snowboarding. That's a good spot for beginners. You don't have to worry about the snow melting, and you don't have to worry about if you bungle. The snow will break your fall. But if you're a beginner, don't go more than 100' from camp. Anymore than that, and you're climbing Everest. You'll see people of more advanced skill levels there snowboarding from higher elevations and distances. But they are experienced and know what to do.

If you're afraid to do Everest (I sure as hell am) there are other mountains that aren't as treacherous in the Himalayas, but still snow covered all year that you can do. Also you don't have to deal with nearly as many vacationing skiers with a superiority complex over snowboarders as you will in Switzerland.

So personally I would recommend Nepal over Switzerland, but the choice is ultimately yours.

I'd probably end up there eventually. As of now though, I'll hit up the Swiss Alps in the near future.

On 10/7/2021 at 11:43 AM, Justin11 said:

I simply started with racing in the last seven years, but I've been with soccer in the last 14 years. Soccer, tennis, sprinting, its simply the games of my childhood. 

I also used to track and field as a teen and I used to play soccer all the time.

10 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I also used to track and field as a teen and I used to play soccer all the time.

Track and field events or sports are games played mainly during school inter-house competition. I enjoyed playing them during my time at high school. Soccer remains my best, but other sports like the ones I mentioned are good options.