Register Now
StaceyPowers

What demographics of people are deliberately left out by the video game industry?

2 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Aside from epilepsy, yes I do. The two that got to me the most however were the ones about eye issues and psychological issues.

If epilepsy isn't among the list, then you are not suffering from all of them. Far from epilepsy, you should watch your blood pressure always to avoid having an attack when you least expect it with the way games excitement or vexation affects you. 

43 minutes ago, Heatman said:

If epilepsy isn't among the list, then you are not suffering from all of them. Far from epilepsy, you should watch your blood pressure always to avoid having an attack when you least expect it with the way games excitement or vexation affects you. 

Thanks captain obvious.

I notice however, that you ignore the fact that you never said that all had to apply. You just listed unconnected randoms, as if one or another was enough to say a person has no right or privilege to be a gamer. Also the etc. at the end means that there are other things that are disqualifiers. Strangely though, you neglected to mention them. Nothing anywhere in your post said they were compounded. True nothing said they were or weren't individual, but by what you're saying now, you are strongly implying that they are compounded in an attempt to cover your own ass.

4 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Thanks captain obvious.

I notice however, that you ignore the fact that you never said that all had to apply. You just listed unconnected randoms, as if one or another was enough to say a person has no right or privilege to be a gamer. Also the etc. at the end means that there are other things that are disqualifiers. Strangely though, you neglected to mention them. Nothing anywhere in your post said they were compounded. True nothing said they were or weren't individual, but by what you're saying now, you are strongly implying that they are compounded in an attempt to cover your own ass.

I don't really care about my ass being open if you don't know 😂. I'd give you my opinion any day or time how ever I feel like it. It's open to your acceptance or rejection. 

5 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

@The Blackangelangel

I guess you won't have any problem playing games if you are having any eyesight issues or psychological problems. After all, the games are released with age restriction only. 😊

I don't have problems playing games. That was my entire point. Saying that people with physical (eyesight) or psychological (schizophrenia) issues shouldn't be allowed to play games is what pissed me off. Then the comment that I don't "suffer" from them more than pissed me off. It devolved into something much worse. The comment came from an idiot that doesn't have a single fucking clue what the hell he is talking about and trivializes what those of us with these issues are going through. He and I neither can nor will ever be friends now.

Edited by The Blackangel

Games are supposedly made to be played by everyone barring people with issues like Epilepsy and that's why most games especially in modern times come with the seizure warning. They are even developing tech for people with limited eyesight or completely blind to play video games - they're also doing the same for people with paralysis by putting a microchip in their head.

7 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I don't have problems playing games. That was my entire point. Saying that people with physical (eyesight) or psychological (schizophrenia) issues shouldn't be allowed to play games is what pissed me off. Then the comment that I don't "suffer" from them more than pissed me off. It devolved into something much worse. The comment came from an idiot that doesn't have a single fucking clue what the hell he is talking about and trivializes what those of us with these issues are going through. He and I neither can nor will ever be friends now.

For starters, I'm not looking for you to be my friend or enemy. The point I tried to make was they wouldn't be actively playing because of their health issues but it seems it hit a nerve on you probably because you might be suffering from a few of them. No harm intended and don't take it too far with the insult. This is me trying to be calm.