Register Now
killamch89

US Congress Go After 12 AAA Publishers, Send Letters Pressuring To Stop Manipulative Monetization

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That's the problem, the government has to benefit in some way. They put the needs of their citizens below any benefit to themselves - it has always been a self-serving institution.

Exactly - it's actually why I'm never a big fan of all the ruckus caused by the government over this issue because I know very well in the end, they will never be any different from what I know them to be. 

On 10/2/2021 at 2:22 AM, Heatman said:

Exactly - it's actually why I'm never a big fan of all the ruckus caused by the government over this issue because I know very well in the end, they will never be any different from what I know them to be. 

They'll probably try to throw in some kind of unnecessary tax measure for gamers just so they can benefit in some way.

Demanding for nicro-transactions all the time as priority via their own development isn't suppose to be. I think the govt should instead go for the real developers of the AAA games to halt such kind of dreadful money demands all the time from customers playing their games. 

10 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Demanding for nicro-transactions all the time as priority via their own development isn't suppose to be. I think the govt should instead go for the real developers of the AAA games to halt such kind of dreadful money demands all the time from customers playing their games. 

Governments will go after them for their reasons but they'll also find some kind of way to sneak some kind of tax in for gamers.

16 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Governments will go after them for their reasons but they'll also find some kind of way to sneak some kind of tax in for gamers.

Yeah - It's ever been the blueprint of how most governments work. They are always in for something that's going to benefit them in the end. 

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - It's ever been the blueprint of how most governments work. They are always in for something that's going to benefit them in the end. 

As I said previously, governments are self-serving organizations. They do what's best for them and not the people gave them that power in the first place.

There really is no point sending letters. That's like writing a letter to banks asking them to stop overdraft fees. They will fold it in dollar bills and wipe their ass with it and mail it back. But the U.S. congress can only go after those in the USA. But what if they had branches in other countries who just don't have to follow any U.S. laws. You really can't regulate gaming companies unless every country is on board. But I guess they can limit the number of those transactions in the U.S. only. That would be a start. These politicians are testing the water to see if they can get lobbied or something. If they actually cared they wouldn't bother with letters and go right ahead proposing legislation. 

8 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

There really is no point sending letters. That's like writing a letter to banks asking them to stop overdraft fees. They will fold it in dollar bills and wipe their ass with it and mail it back. But the U.S. congress can only go after those in the USA. But what if they had branches in other countries who just don't have to follow any U.S. laws. You really can't regulate gaming companies unless every country is on board. But I guess they can limit the number of those transactions in the U.S. only. That would be a start. These politicians are testing the water to see if they can get lobbied or something. If they actually cared they wouldn't bother with letters and go right ahead proposing legislation. 

That's what Belgium did to EA - they limited certain features such as Fifa Ultimate team  and other forms of microtransaction.

20 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

This is what's been the major challenge that's facing with getting these gaming companies to have a uniform policy but for boundaries differences, it's never going to fully enforced. 

On 10/6/2021 at 2:35 AM, killamch89 said:

As I said previously, governments are self-serving organizations. They do what's best for them and not the people gave them that power in the first place.

Seriously - and funny enough after they must have let the citizens down with some of their self-serving polices, they will still get those people to vote them in all over again. 

On 10/5/2021 at 3:40 AM, killamch89 said:

They always got plenty of ways to sneak in from paying hefty tax fees. Only the future will tell how the future goes with them and government taxation policy. 

17 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It also depends on the leader's view on taxation.

People still evade paying taxes all over the world, even the most popular celebrities. I can't remember when there was a case against some big footballers who didn't pay their taxes. 

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

People still evade paying taxes all over the world, even the most popular celebrities. I can't remember when there was a case against some big footballers who didn't pay their taxes. 

And most of them got off because they knew how to exploit the loopholes in the tax system plus they have the best lawyers so were acquitted.